Where is everyone buying their tubes?

Norton666

I haven’t had to buy tubes in quite some time, but I have a DSL that needs a full retube. Where is everyone going for their tubes nowadays? Thanks!

These days i just go with whoever has what I’m looking for. I’ve had good results with

Viva Tubes
Tube For Amps
Eurotubes
Tube Depot
Dougs Tubes
Tube Store
RT member Snave

I know Eurotubes deals only with JJ - and that‘s sort of a hot button on this forum. That said, I have ordered several sets from Euro never had one single isolated failure, and the pairs / quads I have gotten from Euro are literally matched to within 1 mA with zero drift. I am a big, big fan of the JJ EL34-II. It just sounds great in any amp I’ve tried it. Also, I’ve got a head that the bias settles in super hot even with the bias pot bottomed out. Tubes that settle in around 33 in other amps soar into the low 40s in this head. Before deciding to swap the bias resistor, Euro said they would pull their coldest pair for me to try. The pair of EL34-IIs they sent settled in at 36 and the amp sounds incredible. Point is, special requests and customer service is top notch with Euro.

No, but really, I wanted to try some Gold Lion KT88's, but everywhere I found were just to expensive..
I went back to Eurotube for a Quad. JJ's get a bad rap, but I've always had great reliability buying from Eurotubes..

Fuck TUBE DEPOT IN THE ASS WITH AIDS.. I bought a quad of EH KT88's and they were so incredibly mismatched that they were not usable.. What a huge waste and disappointment.. 'Contacted them and it was fuck you I'm going to the bank.. I'll never buy from them again..

I know Eurotubes deals only with JJ - and that‘s sort of a hot button on this forum. That said, I have ordered several sets from Euro never had one single isolated failure, and the pairs / quads I have gotten from Euro are literally matched to within 1 mA with zero drift. I am a big, big fan of the JJ EL34-II. It just sounds great in any amp I’ve tried it. Also, I’ve got a head that the bias settles in super hot even with the bias pot bottomed out. Tubes that settle in around 33 in other amps soar into the low 40s in this head. Before deciding to swap the bias resistor, Euro said they would pull their coldest pair for me to try. The pair of EL34-IIs they sent settled in at 36 and the amp sounds incredible. Point is, special requests and customer service is top notch with Euro.

I've got a quad of KT88's from them like 5 years ago that are starting to wear out, and they are still matched within 1 ma.. Fuckin bad ass..

I have stocked up on nos stuff over the years, mostly from private sellers 😬

Everyone seems to think Tube Depot is good though, so I'll 2nd it
This. I have enough Siemens, Winged C, with a few Mullard XF2 sets sprinkled in to last a while. Plus some GT EL34LS as well. Not as many 6L6 or 6550s but just enough.
Tube Depot or Tube Store works for new production.

Back