Where is the Rebel made?

Hello,

I tried searching but didn't find any info. Can someone please tell me where the Rebel is made? I'll pick one up asap if it's made here in US.

I'm sure Hilly and Bruce are going to chime in on this, but consider this. The Rebel is:

- Conceived and Designed in the US by Egnater
- Bruce and Jeff hand-spec out EVERY component, and tell the manufacturer EXACTLY what to use
- Have each amp hand-inspected in the US for quality control.

The ONLY thing that is not done in the US is the actual assembly. If you wanted one hand assembled in the US, expect to pay double the price.

Don't discriminate against the Rebel because of where it's put together.

FriedChickenBandit":3n452ls4 said:
Hello,

I tried searching but didn't find any info. Can someone please tell me where the Rebel is made? I'll pick one up asap if it's made here in US.

If you want made in the U.S. the choices are the modular stuff or the seminar head.

I went modular ;)

rynnce":3nomw0za said:
FriedChickenBandit":3nomw0za said:
Hello,

If you want made in the U.S. the choices are the modular stuff or the seminar head.

I went modular ;)

I went Modular, TOL, and Seminar :thumbsup: :LOL: :LOL:

RockStarNick":176g2ahr said:

really??
i thought that was for the first production only?

in any case, i played a rebel in seattle, and it was killer.. i'd love to pick one up but the dollar is crap right now.

I was under the impression it was more than twice as much over here.. i thought i remembered someone official saying the 4100 would be a 4K+ amp head.. I may be wrong though.

Casey Hanson":2ioclwfj said:
RockStarNick":2ioclwfj said:

really??
i thought that was for the first production only?

in any case, i played a rebel in seattle, and it was killer.. i'd love to pick one up but the dollar is crap right now.

I was under the impression that was part of John's job, to make sure each amp is rockin' once it lands in the US.

I could be wrong though.

Ive seen threads like this descend into full-scale wars over patriotism and in our current economic state Id like to try to keep it far away from such. Here are the facts:

1) The Rebel was designed in the US
2) The Parts were selected in the US
3) It is assembled in China
4) You will not find a US made amp with as good tone at near the price

It is just not possible to have a massive production of an amp like the Rebel, while paying US workers and have the amp sold at the price that it is.

SO... if you want to buy American, you must realize that will either have to pay much more or compromise on tone. That choice is up to you to decide. It is a personal decision.

John Ewing":1sn80ztr said:
I do actually test every amp. I ran through about 200 Rebels today. Gettin paid to play guitar is awesome :rock:
john

To think of the jobs I could get if I could only play guitar! :rock: :rock: :rock:

John Ewing":sbmlzbqg said:
I do actually test every amp. I ran through about 200 Rebels today. Gettin paid to play guitar is awesome :rock:
john

You tested 200 - send me just one!!!!!!! Bruce will never miss it :D !

EWSEthan":287ukju9 said:
Ive seen threads like this descend into full-scale wars over patriotism and in our current economic state Id like to try to keep it far away from such. Here are the facts:

It is just not possible to have a massive production of an amp like the Rebel, while paying US workers and have the amp sold at the price that it is.

SO... if you want to buy American, you must realize that will either have to pay much more or compromise on tone. That choice is up to you to decide. It is a personal decision.

Well my reason is 100% (not patriot since I'm not American) moral and ethical. I live here in the US and I'll be dammed if I contribute to that type of business and to fucking up this great country that has allowed me to accomplish every single goal I've set out in life. I have to much respect for this country to contribute to any of the problems but you're right this usually turns into economical and political BS. My reason is a personal one and again, what's right and ethical for me.

I'd buy anything but I will not buy American products made outside US. I'd buy chinese made in china though. :LOL: :LOL: Or my Elmwood made in Sweden. Price is no object either if it costs it's usually well worth it.

FriedChickenBandit":3qgqaolk said:
EWSEthan":3qgqaolk said:

Well my reason is 100% (not patriot since I'm not American) moral and ethical. I live here in the US and I'll be dammed if I contribute to that type of business and to fucking up this great country that has allowed me to accomplish every single goal I've set out in life. I have to much respect for this country to contribute to any of the problems but you're right this usually turns into economical and political BS. My reason is a personal one and again, what's right and ethical for me.

I'd buy anything but I will not buy American products made outside US. I'd buy chinese made in china though. :LOL: :LOL: Or my Elmwood made in Sweden. Price is no object either if it costs it's usually well worth it.

In that case, you should checkout Egnater's modular line. Its all designed and built in Michigan. Amazing stuff.

Back