Where is the spot to buy tubes these days

www.thetubestore.com

Jon's awesome - let him know Mo sent ya, they've got great prices and have always been SUPER accommodating in the event of a premature failure (of which I believe I've had 2 tubes on separate occassions, over the course of the last, 13+ years????)

I had to check - fine, last time was April 2019 that I put in an order... But I just emailed and gave him right proper shit!!

Bugger.

Not Larry,
Not Curly,
but MO dammit!! ?

I’ve used these guys a few times and had good experience. I bought several big batches where I’d buy maybe 20-30 tubes at a time.
https://reverb.com/shop/viva-tubes
I wouldn’t buy shit from these guy. I easily bough $700 worth of NOS tubes from them. I ended up buying some 6P14P tubes from them through eBay later on and they weren’t matched for shit. I complained, they then switched their auction to say some bullshit that the industry standard was within 5mA from each other. I caught them, called them out and they refused to budge and wouldn’t accept a return or find me a better matched quad. So fuck them. The best part of dealing with them was the tubes I previously bought from them were NOS and I flipped them for profit. They didn’t even know what they had. ?

For NOS/ANOS, eBay. Make sure there are test results and the min good rating is mentioned for the specific tube tester they used, and what minimum is e.g. 65%

I wouldn’t buy shit from these guy. I easily bough $700 worth of NOS tubes from them. I ended up buying some 6P14P tubes from them through eBay later on and they weren’t matched for shit. I complained, they then switched their auction to say some bullshit that the industry standard was within 5mA from each other. I caught them, called them out and they refused to budge and wouldn’t accept a return or find me a better matched quad. So fuck them. The best part of dealing with them was the tubes I previously bought from them were NOS and I flipped them for profit. They didn’t even know what they had. ?
Yikes, that sucks. Glad and lucky I had no issues.

I mainly order from tube depot and tubesandmore these days. Both offer more than just tubes, which for me is helpful. Make sure you pay for the 24 hour burn in for power tubes on the tube depot, that is key.

I switched from the tube store when I had to return a tube that was defective and had to mess with shipping to Canada. Considering I have had duds from every tube supplier, don't want to deal with that in the future.

I have also ordered from Doug's tubes, KCA nos tubes, eurotubes, and ness tone. Ness tone has some good prices on some NOS tubes.

I switched from the tube store when I had to return a tube that was defective and had to mess with shipping to Canada. Considering I have had duds from every tube supplier, don't want to deal with that in the future.
Yep, that happened to me once and it would have been too expensive to ship anything back so I ended up eating it. Blame Canada.

I don’t know how closely matched they were supposed to be but 5mA difference isn’t really that horrible

Back