Where to buy high-quality Ruby tubes ?

no, but from what I've heard they are pretty reliable.
It has been posted in the musiker-board "Diezel-Userthread".

I don't like the amount of Banzais shipping charges....

And it takes a looooooooong time. I ordered some parts there (caps, knobs),
it took a week until things arrived here... :(

That is good to know, a friend aksed me for their reputation and I've only ordered a hempcone long time ago . . .

I will try to talk Dirk into stocking Rubys too.

i bought a matched quartett EL34bht from wolfton and they varied in the same position from 24mA to 34mA (24, 27, 29, 34) which is quite off if you talk about "matched"... i asked the dealer about it and he said i should return them for that these are odd values. but i was too lazy and left them in. wanted to use two of them in a top and have two spares for change without rebiasing. now i gotta rebias when putting the other two in... my laziness, my fault.

i always wondered why they were so much cheaper (half price) ... but he is cooperative and that's what matters (i think) if you are dealing with tubes. anybody else?

Dougstubes.com ships worldwide, is pretty reasonable priced and has AWESOME customer support. Takes about a week for my tubes to arrive here in Sweden wich is reasonable from the US. Ordered quite a few times from him, great guy. Recommended for sure :)

Rubys are normally factory graded and matched, so the dealer is just shifting boxes. I think you should order where they are the cheapest. The price difference between Europe and US is pretty intense, so it might even be worthwhile to order from Dougstubes or sth if you need a load of big bottles.

well it depends on customs and german tax addition... i can get a quartett of el34bht at wolfton's for 50€. so if it doesn't depend on the dealer, i can get them there the cheapest, fast and with no hassle. but i was wondering why they can ship them for 50€ while they usually cost around 100€.

elfredoo":g4ru2tmj said:
well it depends on customs and german tax addition... i can get a quartett of el34bht at wolfton's for 50€. so if it doesn't depend on the dealer, i can get them there the cheapest, fast and with no hassle. but i was wondering why they can ship them for 50€ while they usually cost around 100€.

50€ is a great price, that's 12,50€ per tube, go for it!

elfredoo":14il2rq2 said:
how much is customs duty etc?

for a rough calculation add 23% to the final invoice amount (INCLUDING shipping costs). Its 19% german VAT, plus aprox. 2,7% customs, plus (depending on courier service/post/..) a customs clearance fee.

hunter":2kfnl9ed said:
elfredoo":2kfnl9ed said:

50€ is a great price, that's 12,50€ per tube, go for it!

yeah, i went... but as i said they were poorly matched. (v1:24mA - v4:34mA when measuerd in the same positition) :(

Back