Which is the right attenuator

If you don't need a load (b/c you're plugging into a cab), then any IR loader would do. Preferably something that takes speaker level with an XLR out (Cab M, NUX Solid Studio, Blubox, etc.).
No i dont need a load box. this would be mainly used for Live playing to go into Front of House so I am not dealing with micing a cab, etc..

I think the BluBox has a speaker through, which from reading it says it takes that signal and you can send it through FOH through the XLR output on the BluBox. or am i mistaken about that?

No ability to load to load IRs, which I am not worried about to be honest since it has a selector built in IR and the Mic position adjustment.

No i dont need a load box. this would be mainly used for Live playing to go into Front of House so I am not dealing with micing a cab, etc..

I think the BluBox has a speaker through, which from reading it says it takes that signal and you can send it through FOH through the XLR output on the BluBox. or am i mistaken about that?

No ability to load to load IRs, which I am not worried about to be honest since it has a selector built in IR and the Mic position adjustment.

Never been a fan of the built in IRs on the amps I've tried.
Have you looked at one of these?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TorpedoCABM--two-notes-torpedo-cab-m-speaker-simulator-pedal

The Cab M+ and Blubox (and the Nux SS I think) all have speaker throughs. But you don't need to use the 'through'- just run your cabinet as you would normally, and run another cable to the other speaker out from your amp (doesn't matter which, since these don't load your amp, and the speaker outs are all in parallel anyway.) I run a Blubox like this for gigs.

The Blubox has fixed IRs- they're good if you like them (I like the greenback cabs), others like the Cab M+ allow you to load third party IRs. So lots of options.

Also- if your amp has a line out (or use a resitor/line out box), you can find cheaper solutions that take line level inputs. And personally I think it's handy to have XLR out from an IR box to feed the PA, but you certainly don't need to.

Thanks DemNuts and beej for the info. Basically I am looking to continue using the cab on stage for stage volume. So for FOH, I guess my need would be something that sits between the amp head and cab and send the signal out from there via built in IR to FOH. The amp (Splawn Nitro) doesnt have Line Out.

Thanks

Someone here also had issues using the TAE with a Suhr SL68. If there's any issue with a possible impedance mismatch, that's a recipe for fried Transformers...no thanks.
Oh yeah I remember that too. Its really strange man. My 5153, Uber, Chupa had no issues whatsoever with the TAE. It would be ludicrous to insinuate that those amps are built better than my other 3 amps I had issues with but I do find it very odd that it doesn't treat all amps equal.

Thanks DemNuts and beej for the info. Basically I am looking to continue using the cab on stage for stage volume. So for FOH, I guess my need would be something that sits between the amp head and cab and send the signal out from there via built in IR to FOH. The amp (Splawn Nitro) doesnt have Line Out.

Thanks
You can get a line out box from David Bray (50$) or one from Suhr (200$)...both do the job. The Suhr has an iso Transformer for any possible ground loop issue.

Back