Which MULTIFX for the SHIVA?

voidessence

Hi there,
I've ordered my Shiva (newer version), I'm waiting with love for it.

Now it's time to choose a multifx for it. I prefer go on one or two racks.

The fx I need for my sound are: reverb, delay, trem, chorus. I need to use at least 2-3 of that togheter. Eq and compressor/gate are optionals.

DUe to the Shiva loop, I'm going to buy a line mixer (unless I buy units which have it inside) to avoid tone losses. I wouldn't like a crearly udible delay during preset switching.

I can spend up to 300 euros without considering the pedalboard. I'll go on used stuff.

Could you please give me some advices?
Thank you all :thumbsup:

Could I ask you what kind of music do you play with your Shiva? It seems weird to me that a G-major can preserve Shiva's tone. You can read almost everywhere that G-Major can become an infamous tone sucker if you don't use a line mixer with it. I guess you play a modern rock...

I'll do an example. John Petrucci's tone cannot be defined vintage, his guitar is so wet of digital tasting fx. If you like that kind of sound, no doubts that you'll like a G-Major in the Shiva (or in the XTC).
Thanks

voidessence":1xc1ev87 said:
Could I ask you what kind of music do you play with your Shiva? It seems weird to me that a G-major can preserve Shiva's tone. You can read almost everywhere that G-Major can become an infamous tone sucker if you don't use a line mixer with it. I guess you play a modern rock...

I'll do an example. John Petrucci's tone cannot be defined vintage, his guitar is so wet of digital tasting fx. If you like that kind of sound, no doubts that you'll like a G-Major in the Shiva (or in the XTC).
Thanks
I play 80's metal and hard rock. I dont have any tone loss, you have to set it up right, and use good cables and you'll keep your tone. I'm a freak about tone and I love the GM2. I have a XTC.

Back