Who got Logic Pro X yet?

Ive been looking at it all afternoon. Have to upgrade my OS to run it and seems a number of users had difficulty with the upgrades. :confused: Hate to have my machine not work.

I'm holding off for the time being. Gotta upgrade all my plugins to 64 bit since they dropped support for 32 bit completely with this release. That or quit using my 32 bit plugins all together. It looks nice, but it doesn't have many features that are making me rush out to get it at the moment.

Yeah I had to update my OS as well, a few quibbles and needed to download Logic twice, but it's running fine on my 4 Year old MacBook now. There are so many plugins in there at such a good quality, I don't mind losing the old stuff.

This is badass.....can you just drop/drag song files from Soundclick/Soundcloud and edit them in there, add drum tracks, etc?

Steinmetzify":fwp00ubr said:
This is badass.....can you just drop/drag song files from Soundclick/Soundcloud and edit them in there, add drum tracks, etc?

Not sure what you mean. You could do that with nearly any version of Logic.

I want it for the drum enhancements because I think it's time to start writing again, but can't bring myself to spend the money. It's an odd model Apple has with no upgrade pricing, but I guess that's how all apps are via the app store.

OTOH, $199 is ridiculously reasonable, just don't have the cash right now because I've been blowing everything on pedalboard items.

Code001":33s08woc said:
Steinmetzify":33s08woc said:

Not sure what you mean. You could do that with nearly any version of Logic.

Never used it before.....was just trying to get an overview.

It's a DAW. If you can think of it musically, there's a way to do it. It's the same as Pro Tools, Cubase, Reaper, etc. They all function roughly the same.

Code001":1yecku1x said:
It's a DAW. If you can think of it musically, there's a way to do it. It's the same as Pro Tools, Cubase, Reaper, etc. They all function roughly the same.

Nice....thanks for the info. Watched the vid, and it looked pretty easy to program drums....be nice to add to my tracks. Checking into it now.

So this looks awesome. Can it export midi tracks from the "drummer" function? I'd like to be able to use the drummer function with my SSD4 kits.

I have Presonus Studio One 2.5 which is a fantastic program in every way. I've dabbled in Logic over the years and have been so-so with it but with this updated version they have with this one including the very reasonable price.....I may just grab it as something else to use and create with.

Going to check out some of the vid demos and go from there. Looks like a great setup!

:)

Doubleneck":3kjlrhzi said:
Would it be worth upgrading if you already have Logic Pro 9 with EZdrummer & Superior Drummer?

That depends on how happy you are with 9? as long as your plugins are 64bit, you can still used them. I have several as well and they are 64 bit ready. After looking over several vids, I've decided to upgrade as I really like how things look now and some of the changes they have made.

Doubleneck":rwba9s5i said:
Would it be worth upgrading if you already have Logic Pro 9 with EZdrummer & Superior Drummer?

Superior should be 64 bit already, so you should be fine if you upgrade. Don't hold me to that, though.

Looks like my question was answered. You can very quickly take your drummer tracks and swap to a midi track. Sold!!!

Back