Who hates digital amp modeling and what could change your mind?

dead-pan

Been beating Tonex to the ground with captures.

I love my amps but Tonex can realy nail the recorded tone and feel.

What could change your mind?

If you mean sell a great tube amp to get digital modeling gear then no .

Who's imitating who ?

If you mean sell a great tube amp to get digital modeling gear then no .

Who's imitating who ?
I have a hoarding condition when it comes to amps haha.

I wouldn't encourage anyone to sell :)

However, digital amps are so good now that I feel the same joy playing them as I do my amps.

For me what hinders them is the difficulty in finding a good stage monitor which I prefer to have behind me like an amp so I can feel the volume not just in front of me. That and I haven't found a good FRFR that sounds like an amp. I did trade an for a really good one called Redsound MF10 ridiculously expensive for what it is but sounded much better than other PA speakers I've tried.

Software plugins are working great for me.

I'm impressed with the small Mooer offerings, I have their Prime P1 from last year, and early this year purchased their Prime P2 before discovering their S1 which is what I wanted since getting the P1 + F4 - it combines the P2 "brains" with the F4 footswitch format all-in-one:

https://www.mooeraudio.com/products/201.html

MOOER S1 Multi-Effects Processor ...

I’ve been using NAM from time to time and while I can get decent tones they ultimately bare little resemblance to what my rig sounds like IRL. And I’ve heard NAM is better than Tonex and Kemper so I’ve kinda given up on the endeavor. Maybe I need a better DI box or something for the captures.

I love Digital and Modeling amps for playing through headphones.. that experience can't be beat. But when wanting to hear sound in the room, Tube amps rule. I wish I could get that headphone tone to the room but it sounds different to me.

Back