Who here has Synergy amp & modules?

I had the rackmount that held 2 modules powered by a Fryette 2/90/2 and the problem i had was that the high gain modules pretty much began to sound the same or pretty similar - so I went back to real amp heads. The sounds were good though, very thick and not a lot of noise.

I had a Syn1 with an Engl Savage module about a year ago. I tested a few things out like running it thru my Butterslax power thru a cab and the main deal breaker for me was a direct recording. It didn't really do anything for me at the time. I tried out just about every module that was out then at the local shop and I felt the high gain stuff all sounded similar except for the Dirty Shirley but since I have a DS40 I decided to sell the SYn1 to my buddy.

Then like a month later they announced that the Uber and Fryette modules were coming. I was super curious how those sounded and last month scored another cheap Syn1 with a Vai module. The Vai module was different and kind of fuzz like, which I kind of dug. Even had an almost fryette dryness to it so I decided to hang on to it.

Then yesterday I bought the Deliverance module and barely had time to mess with it but when I did run it thru mesa 50/50 power amp to my waza tube amp expander and some IR's it sounded fkn brutal as fuck with very little tweaking. I absolutely love the Deliverance module, I think it sounds bad ass for rock and metal. It can dial in super thick tones too thanks to the depth knob and it sounded awesome for chugging and that was without a boost or TS in front. Haven't even gotten around to trying that yet.. I'm going to keep the Syn1 now just for this module alone lol. I'd grab an Ultralead module but I already have the amp ;) I did try the Uber module at the shop but it seemed uninspiring to me, especially when compared to the Deliverance. Hope to make a test recording soon.
I think the deliverance is the biggest sounding. So many options with depth/precense more/less...
Not gonna lie. I have a D60 but still want to try the Deliverance module to compare.

I’m still jonesing for a synergy setup, currently my main amp is my Fryette GPDI preamp into my Fryette 2/50/2 power amp, with an axe FX in 4cm between the two, mostly just for reverb/delay/gate, and for a clean channel direct into the 2/50/2 when I switch to scene 2.

I predominantly leave the GPDI in ‘Pittbull’ mode so I presume the Pittbull Ultralead module would be more my speed. But I’m really dragging my feet since I’m not so sure I’d get much more out of it than my current GPDI. It would be nice to have a second channel and graphic EQ, but I don’t really need it since I can do a second (or more) channels with my axe FX and it also has more EQ options than I need.

maybe I can justify a SYN2 and a second, different module to go with it. Salvation mods has a Randall Satan module which looks cool.

Not gonna lie. I have a D60 but still want to try the Deliverance module to compare.
I'd like to see that comparison too. Still kicking myself for not picking up a new old stock D60 at the local shop but I'm at that point my wife would freak if I brought home one more head lol. I'm hoping Synergy or Quad Cortex one day will reduce future gas.

I’m not so sure I’d get much more out of it than my current GPDI.
I wonder that too cause I've been considering the GPDI for some time. I'm assuming the Deliverance module sounds really good because Fryette has mastered getting their tones into smaller footprints like the GPDI.

I’m still jonesing for a synergy setup, currently my main amp is my Fryette GPDI preamp into my Fryette 2/50/2 power amp, with an axe FX in 4cm between the two, mostly just for reverb/delay/gate, and for a clean channel direct into the 2/50/2 when I switch to scene 2.

I predominantly leave the GPDI in ‘Pittbull’ mode so I presume the Pittbull Ultralead module would be more my speed. But I’m really dragging my feet since I’m not so sure I’d get much more out of it than my current GPDI. It would be nice to have a second channel and graphic EQ, but I don’t really need it since I can do a second (or more) channels with my axe FX and it also has more EQ options than I need.

maybe I can justify a SYN2 and a second, different module to go with it. Salvation mods has a Randall Satan module which looks cool.
The Sathanas is awesome. It can get a dry and fast attack to it and always has a sinister edge. The options allow you to dial in so many tones and they all sound great. I can get in the ballpark with some tones using my Pitbull module, but the Sathanas is my jam!
Here is a clip where I tracked oodles of guitars all using Sathanas>Nitrox (power)> TNL

Uploading my Bman demo vid now... sold it yesterday and after hearing this back in PISSED at myself! It’s rawk as fuck!

I have the 50 watt head, the Bogner Ecstasy, the Friedman BEBB, and the T/DLX. I absolutely love it. I haven't played any of the other stuff, but the modules/head sound KILLER. I mean, I get the best Twin & Deluxe tones I've ever heard - plus completely accurate XTC sounds (and all three: Classic, 101b & 20th) and dip switches inside the unit to have a 100b option. The BEBB sounds killer. I'm not a super-high-gain guy, but the Uber video I watched seemed to nail that whole thing.

That is where I am at. If I stumble upon a SYN-1 with a module at a good price, I want to give it a shot.
MF has the whole line 15% off, so i got new SYN1 and 2 modules for like $1100 after tax and if i dont like ill return. If i do like it, ill have about $160 worth of MF points towards other stuff from this big of a purchase.

FYI- there is a guy selling a SYN1 on TGP’s emporium for 370-ish if i remember correctly. There is a used BE preamp in the emporium as well.

Do you need the amp part, or can you go direct from module to an IR (e.g., Fractal FM3 or some other IR source) for direct recording?

Good info. I’ve been in total research mode on Synergy. Just waiting to see what kind of Memorial Day sales there may be.
Unfortunately in my time over the several weeks of looking and learning, I’m now torn between the Synergy, some other rack gear, 500 series, Audio interfaces and high end headphones as well as the usual desire of guitars and a Diezel...

I bought a new studio desk 5 weeks ago, it takes 6-9 weeks to build it. So I’ve spent the last damn 5 weeks figuring out what I want to put in it. It will have two 8u rack spaces on it. https://busoaudio.com/products/studio-xl

I was looking into the Synergy system and I do like how some of the heavier modules sound but a 2 rack unit plus 2 modules puts me into Axe FX territory price wise. I would probably want 4 or 5 modules so I wish a 4 space rack unit was available to house all 4 but that's some coin to get rolling on it. The modules seem fairly priced but the 2 space empty rack unit seems like highway robbery to me.

I was looking into the Synergy system and I do like how some of the heavier modules sound but a 2 rack unit plus 2 modules puts me into Axe FX territory price wise. I would probably want 4 or 5 modules so I wish a 4 space rack unit was available to house all 4 but that's some coin to get rolling on it. The modules seem fairly priced but the 2 space empty rack unit seems like highway robbery to me.

I have a unit made by Egnator called the M4 that does exactly what you want. It works well with the Synergy modules, allows access to both channels, and can be found around the price of the Synergy Syn2.

1622123243092.png

Back