Who here has Synergy amp & modules?

You could. There’s a button on the back that disable the internal analog cab sim. I play mine through a Two Notes Cab M all the time.
Consequently, it shouldn't sound like crap without the power amp. I'm asking because I do have the Victory V4 preamp pedals, and they sound perfectly fine going direct to an IR (so long as you're doing direct recording, of course).

Expensive, proprietary, unanswered emails and steep distributor discounts...not a good combo.
Its not expensive considering the prices of the amps being mapped to modules..... Obviously its gonna be proprietary. Its hardware based.

The customer service thing i have no experience with, and hopefully wont. This is the first mention of bad CS w them that i have seen- did u have a bad experience, personally, that i/we should hear about? Not being sarcastic either.

I have a couple videos on the Synergy SYN 30, SLO and Bogner Uberschall modules.

My experience has been 100% positive. Do these modules sound EXACTLY like the amps they're modeled after? Of course not, but they're damn close, and sound good 'n tubey. I personally love them.

My SYN-50 with Uber and Powerball modules provides some of the best metal tones I've ever achieved, and I've owned a ton of amps (including the "real" versions of those two). The SLO is fantastic, too.

I do think the head sounds better than the rack preamp/power amp setup, presumably due to the larger transformers.

I had an Egnater M4 and tried the Syn2 as well. Def the real deal. I'm really happy with my current tube rig, but if I wasn't I'd go the rack-based route with the modular stuff. I used mine with a Randall RT2/50, and I'd try to find another one of those, or get a Fryette Two/Fifty/Two.

I have a couple videos on the Synergy SYN 30, SLO and Bogner Uberschall modules.

My experience has been 100% positive. Do these modules sound EXACTLY like the amps they're modeled after? Of course not, but they're damn close, and sound good 'n tubey. I personally love them.

Any luck going direct without a power amp? We had none - boring, lacklustre and midrangey results as expected.

Its not expensive considering the prices of the amps being mapped to modules..... Obviously its gonna be proprietary. Its hardware based.

The customer service thing i have no experience with, and hopefully wont. This is the first mention of bad CS w them that i have seen- did u have a bad experience, personally, that i/we should hear about? Not being sarcastic either.
You can get an AXE FX for around $2k that has dozens upon dozens upon dozens of amps mapped out--many by the builders themselves--all included--with pretty much monthly updates refining the tone. Helix is damn good as well and costs half that. The Synergy stuff is that much just to get in the game. Then you need to buy the amps.

Yesterday's tech shouldn't cost this much. Overpriced by 300% IMO. And who knows if they go tits up in 6 weeks.

You can get an AXE FX for around $2k that has dozens upon dozens upon dozens of amps mapped out--many by the builders themselves--all included--with pretty much monthly updates refining the tone. Helix is damn good as well and costs half that. The Synergy stuff is that much just to get in the game. Then you need to buy the amps.

Yesterday's tech shouldn't cost this much. Overpriced by 300% IMO. And who knows if they go tits up in 6 weeks.
Fair opinion. I dont like digital interfaces at all. I like knobs and pedals. To each their own.

I have an experience with customer service, when they launched the line the prices were higher for the heads, I probably had one of the first. They offered to return to me the $300 difference ( I think that was the amount). I asked for a SLO module instead, they sent it to me at no charge. You don't see that.

Uploading my Bman demo vid now... sold it yesterday and after hearing this back in PISSED at myself! It’s rawk as fuck!
I made that silly mistake once with a Lumpy tone bender type fuzz pedal. Once it was gone I listed to my clips and wanted it right back. Doh!

I love your videos, Kyle, and am a subscriber. You're always so happy demoing those amps, and why shouldn't you be, right? Those amps are killer! You apologize for "not being that good" but your thrash riffing in the demos is always on point. Rock on!

I love your videos, Kyle, and am a subscriber. You're always so happy demoing those amps, and why shouldn't you be, right? Those amps are killer! You apologize for "not being that good" but your thrash riffing in the demos is always on point. Rock on!
Thanks man! Appreciated! Definitely always having a good time!

I decided to get a synergy rack 2 and now need modules. I have a lot of amps so I am looking to fill in things I dont have. There were some must have modules but I cant find that list (or its outdated by now).

I have a soldano avenger, 5150, mesa dual, mesa studio pre, marshall jvm modded, dsl, jcm 900 slx, 84' jcm 800, be100, ada mp1, jmp1, bogner rack. I am probably missing some but those are my gain amps. I dont think I need any marshall flavor. I am considering the VH4 and either a bogner or vht. Any input?

Power amps I have are mesa 2:90, lee jackson sp100, mosvalve.

I decided to get a synergy rack 2 and now need modules. I have a lot of amps so I am looking to fill in things I dont have. There were some must have modules but I cant find that list (or its outdated by now).

I have a soldano avenger, 5150, mesa dual, mesa studio pre, marshall jvm modded, dsl, jcm 900 slx, 84' jcm 800, be100, ada mp1, jmp1, bogner rack. I am probably missing some but those are my gain amps. I dont think I need any marshall flavor. I am considering the VH4 and either a bogner or vht. Any input?

Power amps I have are mesa 2:90, lee jackson sp100, mosvalve.
My favorite modules right now are the Uber, Deliverance and Ecstacy.

I just got the Uber module and am confused on what the switch settings are. B1, N, and something else. Is the top channel boost only and bottom cut but if both boost and cut were off, it would be the same preamp?

Can anyone explain what these settings are. I also feel that if the boost or cut is off, flipping switches still makes a small change.

Back