Who here uses Ableton? OxBox with it?

mooncobra

What do you think of it?
I used to use Pro Tools and Logic, but my brother swears by Ableton so I set my new recording set up with Ableton. Not to stoked on it.

my god damn OxBox gets a really faint signal. So irritating!! The DAW barely picks it up and I can’t figure it out. Have to use plug ins to boost up the volume so it can be heard in a track. Anyone else using Ableton with OxBox? Did this issue arise?

The DAW you use should not matter in the slightest; none of them care what you're feeding in to them.

It's gotta be something in your settings; maybe a "pad" setting engaged somewhere.

Sorry, I know that isn't very helpful lol. I haven't used Ableton in over a decade or else I'd help you troubleshoot it personally

No experience with the OxBox but I have been using Ableton for years. On the right side of the screen (where you can arm, solo, silence your track etc.) there is a drop down box where you choose which channel is feeding the track from your interface, like 1, 2, 1&2, etc. If I pick the wrong one it will either give me no signal or a faint signal.

What interface are you using? Check your signal there first. I don’t use Ableton but use the Ox Box with PT and Logic and never experienced low signal.

No experience with the OxBox but I have been using Ableton for years. On the right side of the screen (where you can arm, solo, silence your track etc.) there is a drop down box where you choose which channel is feeding the track from your interface, like 1, 2, 1&2, etc. If I pick the wrong one it will either give me no signal or a faint signal.
Thanks! I will check that out!

On your preferences page on Ableton, there's another drop down box where you can choose what interface you are using. I've gone through a number of interfaces through the years and don't know how to delete the obsolete ones. Ableton usually defaults to my current interface (Roland) but on one of the earlier versions of Ableton it would occasionally switch to my long gone Focusrite or Stealth Plug. It's worth checking.

On your preferences page on Ableton, there's another drop down box where you can choose what interface you are using. I've gone through a number of interfaces through the years and don't know how to delete the obsolete ones. Ableton usually defaults to my current interface (Roland) but on one of the earlier versions of Ableton it would occasionally switch to my long gone Focusrite or Stealth Plug. It's worth checking.
Thanks a lot!!

I'm using Ableton Live 12 myself, and it's pretty cool, but it's different from Pro Tools and Logic. About your issue with OxBox, I haven't used it, but I know how annoying it is when the signal is too weak. Check the settings in Ableton or OxBox to see if something's off.

There are some Ableton Live 12 features that make work easier. For example, mixing right in the Arrangement View without switching screens is super handy. How you can tag and search sounds quickly helps a lot, too. And there are fantastic tools for making unique sounds, like MIDI Generators and Roar for cool effects. The Granulator III makes weird, cool sounds, and Meld is fun for playing with different notes.

Last edited:
Back