Who Makes Ernie Ball - Remote wah controls

FixXxer

Hey guys,

I am looking to get Remote wah for my Dunlop RAck Wahs made. Does anyone make these after market?

Thanks,

FixXxer :rock:

FixXxer":xl7rt5gw said:
Hey guys,

I am looking to get Remote wah for my Dunlop RAck Wahs made. Does anyone make these after market?

Thanks,

FixXxer :rock:
Im not entirely sure but mine operates off of a Stereo(TRS) cable. Im not sure what the pot in the controller pedal is but you could try one of their stereo volume pedals but you wouldnt have the on off switch..

Just curious, what dont you like about the stock pedal?

There is quite a bit of electronics inside the original Dunlop pedal. I've tried other pedals (because Dunlop says they work) and I've tried running the pedal without 9v (or is it 12V ? not sure) going to it and while it works in both situations you don't get anywhere near the wah-sounds as with the original pedal with the power going to it.

My advice: use the Dunlop pedal and be done with it.

Giga.

Giga":18xep4gf said:
There is quite a bit of electronics inside the original Dunlop pedal. I've tried other pedals (because Dunlop says they work) and I've tried running the pedal without 9v (or is it 12V ? not sure) going to it and while it works in both situations you don't get anywhere near the wah-sounds as with the original pedal with the power going to it.

My advice: use the Dunlop pedal and be done with it.

Giga.
Thanks Jan, I thought that there was more to it and I agree, stick with the Dunlop pedal. Dunlop does make a switchless controller if thats what the OP might be interested in...

Yeah, between monty's video's that show the extra carry on the pot, combined with what Metallica and Slash used to use, I thought it would be cool to use.

That said, the stock foot controller is cool with me for now.

and, to the questions of why would I want to mess with it....?

Why not :D

FixXxer":1nlvu6bh said:
Yeah, between monty's video's that show the extra carry on the pot, combined with what Metallica and Slash used to use, I thought it would be cool to use.

What do you mean by extra carry on the pot ?

Giga.

FixXxer":3bazs2f1 said:

I perceive more carry on the pot range to get wider tones, like the fulltone wahs.

That said the Dunlops are fine and take a while to get used to compared to having a larger travel on your wah sweep to use more of the wah pot.

4nkam":1s6pdfmv said:
Find an OLD 1FC pedal and put the guts in the eb pedal. It fits perfectly.
Ah yess, I was waiting for you to chime in Monty, whats a rack wah thread without you in it?

Back