Who makes the mostess badass Wah Pedal..

In. I need a new wah. I’m interested in the RMC10 and the Xotic wah. Currently have the Cantrell and dig it, but it’s crapping out in me.

Last edited:
Xotic XW-1 is the best wah I’ve ever used. Smaller footprint, lighter, adjustable q and boost yet still a full size surface. I’ve had several of the orig crybaby’s and Vox’s, RMC Picture, the CAE one…I think a Budda one…nothing has the range and prominent squawk on the Xotic. Only issue is a slight pause when engaging the foot switch. It sounds so good I work around that. If they made one that solved this issue I’d spend the $ to replace it in a second.

I would love to try a Jam Pedals Whacko just cause it looks really cool

They work for me.

IMG_0394.JPG

I've had a few wahs and tried a few more but if I was buying one today and was serious about wah wah I would probably get a new handwired Vox, which is kind of pricey. But I had a basic 847 for a while some years ago and it was as good as some of the more expensive units considering it was 1/2 the price or less. I loved the tone. Rich, fat, watery, quacky, honky.

I had a Fulltone for many years after that with a bigger sweep range and a similar tone to the vox. I loved that wah and wore out the pot twice. Mike wasn't very cool with me when I didn't fill out the return authorization form before sending it in but I bought it in the late 90's before he had GC distribution. He was a small boutique guy then and it said nothing about all that in the paperwork. It was $279 back then! Was a killer wah wah but I had someone else fix it the 2nd time but I eventually got out of fuzzes and wahs and sold it.

The Exotic someone mentioned is also really good choice.

A vintage Morley in good working condition would be a sweet wah too if you like vintage pedals.

I've gone through a bunch, and the one's I still use are the Dunlop Billy Duffy signature or the expression pedal controlled ones in my MS3 or Helix. For small footprint, I was happy with the AMT Japanese Girl Wah (is it still called that?). I used to have one I built from a BYOC kit that was totally tricked out with different EQ ranges and multiple inductors, but once I found the setting I liked it was just sort of overkill.

I really liked my Vox Joe Satriani Big Bad Wah. Had a couple of different voicing and inductor options that were pretty cool.

Last edited:
Xotic and Wilson is where I'd look if I wanted an ultimate wah.

But I'm happy with an old Thomas Organ and a Fulltone.

Xotic XW-1 is the best wah I’ve ever used. Smaller footprint, lighter, adjustable q and boost yet still a full size surface. I’ve had several of the orig crybaby’s and Vox’s, RMC Picture, the CAE one…I think a Budda one…nothing has the range and prominent squawk on the Xotic. Only issue is a slight pause when engaging the foot switch. It sounds so good I work around that. If they made one that solved this issue I’d spend the $ to replace it in a second.

I couldn't have said it better, the Xotic is the best one I've ever used also and I've owned everything including almost all of the Teese models. I do have the original Bad Horsey and it would probably be number 2 for me.

I like the Jam

My current favorites are the rmc4 and an area 51 wah. I used to hear people talk about the area 51 stuff all the time but I guess they've fallen out of favor over the years. Still sounds great to me.

Still rockin' the 535Q. I've got a Fulltone, it's ok. I'd literally rather play my 535Q. The one i've always wanted to try was the RMC. Xotic looks cool too.

Still rockin' the 535Q. I've got a Fulltone, it's ok. I'd literally rather play my 535Q. The one i've always wanted to try was the RMC. Xotic looks cool too.
Same here, Until it goes tits-up Im gonna stick with it, but its been since the 535's were released and it still works well

Back