Who owns Victory amps?

Too long for me to watch, regardless of who owns them though ive been impressed with a lot of what i hear from them

Yea they make good stuff. They have a great Amp Designer, who is friends with a massive gear dealer, so it’s no surprise they do a lot of business together.
They aren’t cheap, if they didn’t sound good, people wouldn’t be buying them.

Yeah KDH has a point here. To his credit Lee was very open about it but he doesn't disclose he is a part owner in the hundreds of videos which isn't right

Reactions: rsm
I am a big fan of several companies that I consider friends ***or companies who I can send them a message and they know me by name*** (Deadweald, Headfirst, Monomyth, KSR) I often chime in to recommend them but if I received any compensation from them it would be quite shady for me not to disclose this. I can't imagine doing this and being a part owner. I guess he has his reasons but I feel like he should be a bit more transparent.

There is a lot of fuckery going on with YouTube influencers and the gear business in general. It has went completely unchecked for far too long so it is nice to see KDH actually take the time to research these questions vs. internet rumors. He got a lot of hate for his vids from fans of guys like Fricker, Chapman, and Stevie T. To Glenn's credit he took the criticism in stride and learned from it.

I had a Super Kraken. Awesome amp. The thing I loved about it was that it was so fun to play. The under-the-finger feel was GREAT. The lead channel made solos absolutely effortless and the crunch channel reminded me a lot of the SLO-100's crunch channel. Definitely an amp that punches way above its weight class, and they're not super expensive to boot.

That said, I agree with @ClintN667 that there is a LOT of fuckery with high-profile YouTube influencers. Quite simply, these influencers are holding all the keys to all the doors for the gear brands. The day after an influencer video, sales spike, and brands know it. So they are willing to pay or give away gear in order to get on people's channels. The influencers rarely make critical reviews in these situations because they want more money or gear from these brands again in the future. And the bigger or more notorious the brand, the more BS it is. It's just how the business model works.

Semi-related: Guitar players are loyal to the brands they like in a rabid, hysterical, over-the-top way. Brands are so ingrained in us and we are so loyal to them that we even use brands in our descriptions of ourselves (e.g., "I'm a Marshall guy" or "I'm a Boogie guy"). Brands and influencers know this and is a primary reason why they don't make critical reviews. If they make a video saying that the new Marshall amp isn't good, they'll lose any future demos for Marshall and they'll get attacked by all the Marshall fanboys and fangirls, and likely lose subscribers. I can tell you from personal experience: when you make a gear demo video that goes against the internet gear zeitgeist, you get viciously attacked by brand loyalists.

This would only matter if Anderton's was an independent gear reviewer giving consumer advice, but they're not. They're a music store.

Whether they own the brand or not is inconsequential because they're trying to sell you literally everything they show you.

The only people that may have a grievance with this would be other brands if they feel that they're not getting the coverage they should, but even then it's still the Anderton's channel and they can demo gear using whatever amps they want.

This would only matter if Anderton's was an independent gear reviewer giving consumer advice, but they're not. They're a music store.

Whether they own the brand or not is inconsequential because they're trying to sell you literally everything they show you.

The only people that may have a grievance with this would be other brands if they feel that they're not getting the coverage they should, but even then it's still the Anderton's channel and they can demo gear using whatever amps they want.
Exactly, they literally own a gigantic music store. At no point do they claim to be unbiased. Ironically, I find some of their demos less biased than some so called independent reviewers - you can usually tell if they really like something or not.

That whole crew over at Andertons are a bunch of idiots. I'd never buy anything off ANY of their recommendations. I owned a 100 watt Victory. I forgot the name, not a high gainer. It was ok, and all the rest I tried in the Music Zoo were nothing special. In fact, I can't believe the guy who built the Cornford amps designed the Victorys. Friggin' Lee. He can't even dial in a 2-knob pedal.

Semi-related: Guitar players are loyal to the brands they like in a rabid, hysterical, over-the-top way. Brands are so ingrained in us and we are so loyal to them that we even use brands in our descriptions of ourselves (e.g., "I'm a Marshall guy" or "I'm a Boogie guy"). Brands and influencers know this and is a primary reason why they don't make critical reviews. If they make a video saying that the new Marshall amp isn't good, they'll lose any future demos for Marshall and they'll get attacked by all the Marshall fanboys and fangirls, and likely lose subscribers. I can tell you from personal experience: when you make a gear demo video that goes against the internet gear zeitgeist, you get viciously attacked by brand loyalists.
I hear you man, I'll add to this sidebar. I've been involved in pro audio and playing for 30+ years - but I'm pretty new to guitar forums, making YT videos etc.

One thing I've learnt that no matter how factual you try and be, or even when just relaying your personal preferences on gear or tone, you're going to 'upset' someone. I always try and stay light-hearted and respectful - but I guess the internet really brings out the worst in people.

From what I've seen (Blake and Kyle are in this category too), you just demo the gear and give an honest opinion. It's nuts that this actually triggers folks.

I couldn't care less if someone says they don't like what I like, and I naively thought that was the norm. It actually probably is the norm, but the internet has a way of giving a very loud voice to the few. It's so common that anytime I express a contrary opinion, I expect some form of blowback. Usually just a defensive, sarcastic comment - but sometimes it turns into nasty PM's or emails.

Three times now over at TGP someone has PM'd our account to voice their disdain for 'trying to publicly discredit them', or 'having no clue and your amp wall is just a green screen'...really bizarre shit.

Back to Victory - tried a few models. Quite nice, but nothing that made me reach for my wallet.

I had a Super Kraken. Awesome amp. The thing I loved about it was that it was so fun to play. The under-the-finger feel was GREAT. The lead channel made solos absolutely effortless and the crunch channel reminded me a lot of the SLO-100's crunch channel. Definitely an amp that punches way above its weight class, and they're not super expensive to boot.

That said, I agree with @ClintN667 that there is a LOT of fuckery with high-profile YouTube influencers. Quite simply, these influencers are holding all the keys to all the doors for the gear brands. The day after an influencer video, sales spike, and brands know it. So they are willing to pay or give away gear in order to get on people's channels. The influencers rarely make critical reviews in these situations because they want more money or gear from these brands again in the future. And the bigger or more notorious the brand, the more BS it is. It's just how the business model works.

All true. Lots of fuckery but it just hammers down my point for years...try something for yourself.

So whether it's Pete Thorn, or Andertons it really doesn't matter to me their association because although I enjoy the content, I'm not keeping shit until I try something for myself. Whether that means I walk into a store or whether I buy something online and and keep/return it.

Opinions are great but it's just a subjective opinion, and why I've always stated you gotta try it for yourself, your ears, your fingers from start to finish before you really know if a piece of gear whether it's pickups, strings, pedals, guitars, amps etc... is for you.

So really to the people that get sucked into all that, or rely on others people opinion on gear to make their decision, that's on them.

Last edited:
I don't really get the uproar on this. They're a music store, their entire purpose for their channel is to get you to buy the gear they sell. He may not have flat out said he's involved in the Victory brand, but I wouldn't take their opinions seriously other than to hear comparisons between different pieces of gear.

people caring what the reviewers opinions of an amp they are demo'ing always made no sense to me, like if you think something sounds like shit is the reviewer really gonna change your opinion on that? i guess for a lot of people it does :dunno:
Most people are followers. I put very little stock in gear reviews, because what works for one person might not for another.

Back