Who thinks No Leaf Clover, Rocks?????

The_Sh0t

I absolutly LOVE No leaf clover by Metallica...its one of the "new" tallica songs i love. what do you guys think??

Its got great lyrics, riffs, everything...it ROCKS

I agree! I've always dug that song. Cool riffs, great chorus lyrics, and the symphony (S&M, of corse) adds that dark, mysterious edge to it. Great tune!

man its far from being emo.....its "emotional" i guess cuz you can really get into it....you can almost envision some body just never giving up no matter how beat down/ how ever much the odds are agaisnt them...coming back and beating the shit out of whoever/what ever is keeping them down.

i know thats not what he wrote about but thats what it "speaks" to me about.

I've always pictured it like that as well. Someone who defeats/overcomes his problems, only to find another, maybe even worse, problem lying ahead and instead of letting it overtake him, he contiunes to fight and overcome his troubles.

I like it because it is embedded with my favorite lyrical technique. Not making things too specific. The lyrics in this song can be applied to almost everyone in some way. Every person can relate to them and find their own special meaning within them. James' use of Metaphores makes this song (as well as many other Metallica songs) appliable to a vast selection of people.

Well, I'm awesome. So there ya go.

Now please ship me your Fernandez Vandurburg along with some easy bake cookie dough.

:)

>|<>QBB<
again with this":ff7dc said:
I am an old school 'tallica kinda guy.

Me too.... been on the bandwagon since No Life Til Leather.

BUT... I like a lot of the newer stuff too....Have actually been listening to some stuff off ReLoad lately.

Not gonna try to convince anyone to agree with my personal taste in music though :wink:

>|<>QBB<
CaseyCor":0985f said:
Now please ship me your Fernandez Vandurburg along with some easy bake cookie dough.

you are unworthy :moody:

it's spelled Fernandes Vandenberg
now ship all your cookies to me

Well, I'd know how to properly spell it, if you would have sold it too me! God damnit. haha.

Did you end up putting EMG's in it? I recall you talking about replacing the pups, but I couldn't remember what you put in there.

yea Load and Reload have always been high up on my list, but then again i use to listen to them on a loop all day long for about 2 years :) back when i was a youngin lol

I like the emotional feel of the song, but Kirk's solo completely ruins it for me. Just totally lazy and his typical nasal-sounding mash of two-string bending, always slightly sharp and hyper vibrato.

Imagine if Skolnick played the solo.

>|<>QBB<
The_Sh0t":680b2 said:
yea Load and Reload have always been high up on my list, but then again i use to listen to them on a loop all day long for about 2 years :) back when i was a youngin lol

I must know: whose fine ass is that in your sig?!!! It's driving me nuts!!!!! :x

Back