Who's man enough to rock a hot pink amp...

MadAsAHatter

I converted my Crate Stealth combo to a head a good while ago. Being the first head shell I made there were things I could have done better. I also wanted to do something more than basic black covering. Decided to go hot pink and sparkly black with this one. I did the piping around the amp chassis too, but I'm not sure if I like it that way or not. Overall I'm happy with the way it turned out.

1661451236497.png

1661451286592.png

I'd do pink before I did Crate. Too many bad memories of the late 90s early 00s metal scene in Cleveland full of scooped mids and Dimebag wannabes. The Crate logo used to be an early warning sign to leave before you had to hear the band. Even if the Stealth is legit, I couldn't play a Crate. When those bands used to ask me how they sounded, I'd tell them "It sounded Crate!" If the club was loud enough, both of us would walk away smiling.

Crate Stealth is a Lee Jackson modded 800 circuit. Crate made them but the design/circuit is all Lee Jackson. Better sounding amp than the Ampeg VL, Metaltronix and many others. Imo.
Better sounding by far!!!
I'd do pink before I did Crate. Too many bad memories of the late 90s early 00s metal scene in Cleveland full of scooped mids and Dimebag wannabes. The Crate logo used to be an early warning sign to leave before you had to hear the band. Even if the Stealth is legit, I couldn't play a Crate. When those bands used to ask me how they sounded, I'd tell them "It sounded Crate!" If the club was loud enough, both of us would walk away smiling.
Thank your lucky stars you didn't grow up here in St.Louis

I converted my Crate Stealth combo to a head a good while ago. Being the first head shell I made there were things I could have done better. I also wanted to do something more than basic black covering. Decided to go hot pink and sparkly black with this one. I did the piping around the amp chassis too, but I'm not sure if I like it that way or not. Overall I'm happy with the way it turned out.

View attachment 132574

View attachment 132577
Looks red

Back