Why cats love amps ?

The real truth is, 1. Cats have a higher natural temperature than humans, thus need warmth to maintain their core temp. Nice tube amps with tubes cooking = added warmth. 2. Cats instinctually like to be up in high areas away from the ground, so as to keep away from any possible threats or stress which means "cat tree" like things are always top choice.

The real truth is, 1. Cats have a higher natural temperature than humans, thus need warmth to maintain their core temp. Nice tube amps with tubes cooking = added warmth. 2. Cats instinctually like to be up in high areas away from the ground, so as to keep away from any possible threats or stress which means "cat tree" like things are always top choice.
Exactly, but I would add that they want your attention as well. They don't like when you are not giving them the attention.

Exactly, but I would add that they want your attention as well. They don't like when you are not giving them the attention.
Well, can you blame them? I sure don't lol . If you see it from their view, we as humans are magical creatures that hands make pets forever, and magical powers to open cans of tuna.

My cat never hung out or slept on my amps but she loved guitar cases and heat registers in the house during winter. She was a heatsink and my little buddy for 16 years...probably the best good natured animal I ever had. She had all her claws and never clawed anything in the house except her claw throw rug, she never took to scratching posts.....never. I trained her to use a throw rug as a kitten and that rug went with her to with every house move.

I guess there are two classes of cats...tree dwellers and bush/ground dwellers. My cat was a bush dweller who didn't climb much except on the couch to look out the window.

I know some cats are assholes but occasionally you get a good one.....:2thumbsup:

My cat never hung out or slept on my amps but she loved guitar cases and heat registers in the house during winter. She was a heatsink and my little buddy for 16 years...probably the best good natured animal I ever had. She had all her claws and never clawed anything in the house except her claw throw rug, she never took to scratching posts.....never. I trained her to use a throw rug as a kitten and that rug went with her to with every house move.

I know some cats are assholes but occasionally you get a good one.....:2thumbsup:
Yes, when cats are loved and given plenty of attention, it's not only enjoyable, it's worthwhile.

Yes, when cats are loved and given plenty of attention, it's not only enjoyable, it's worthwhile.
I have resisted getting another cat because I don't know if I would find another like her, the only person she ever hissed at her entire life was other cats on her property and my ex-wife. I guess my cat knew before I did.........................

I'd be pretty pissed if I got an asshole cat......:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
Cats love tolex, pedals and velcro too

Oh, and tubes

GC3ujmP.jpg

My oldest cat always cuddles up to anything I have firearm related lying around. A few times he's slept on my pedalboard, but other than that he's never really touched any of my guitar gear.

I have resisted getting another cat because I don't know if I would find another like her, the only person she ever hissed at her entire life was other cats on her property and my ex-wife. I guess my cat knew before I did.........................

I'd be pretty pissed if I got an asshole cat......:LOL:
In my experience of owning many cats, they only acted like assholes if they felt that they were being ignored. If you have the time and urge to give a pet the attention they need, you will be fine. Go get yourself your new best friend. There are plenty that need homes.

Contrary to popular belief, cats are not assholes, usually an asshole owner that neglects them is what creates asshole pets.
Cats have personalities and are different from one another, you just have to encourage them to grow and develop versus ignore them like an asshole.

In HS, my drummers cat came in the jam room and pissed on my cheapo amp, but i was soooo mad! I guess he did not like my tone :unsure::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
In HS, my drummers cat came in the jam room and pissed on my cheapo amp, but i was soooo mad! I guess he did not like my tone :unsure::ROFLMAO:
I think that cat was onto something. For now on, if you suck at practice, I am going to piss on your amp. That will straighten out you slackers.

In my experience of owning many cats, they only acted like assholes if they felt that they were being ignored. If you have the time and urge to give a pet the attention they need, you will be fine. Go get yourself your new best friend. There are plenty that need homes.
I had rescued her from a gas station parking lot, she was a brave little shit sitting outside the door begging for food. I kneeled down and motioned for her to come to my jeep and she came running over.... I scooped her up and put her in my jeep and she crawled right up on the dash talking the whole time... That was it... she was my buddy for the next 16 years and outlasted my marriage.............:yes:

When I had to put her to sleep, I held her in my arms the way I always did to calm her when she got her final shots to leave this world and that took alot out of me but I made sure I was the one she saw and felt on the way out.... I owed her that much since she brought so much joy to my life.

She was a Black Tabby as in the above pics. Years ago I had a barn orange tabby male cat that was also a sweetheart cat but he was used to roaming and being a tomcat but he was lovable as well. He never came back from one of his excursions one day and that was it....

I had rescued her from a gas station parking lot, she was a brave little shit sitting outside the door begging for food. I kneeled down and motioned for her to come to my jeep and she came running over.... I scooped her up and put her in my jeep and she crawled right up on the dash talking the whole time... That was it... she was my buddy for the next 16 years and outlasted my marriage.............:yes:

When I had to put her to sleep, I held her in my arms the way I always did to calm her when she got her final shots to leave this world and that took alot out of me but I made sure I was the one she saw and felt on the way out.... I owed her that much since she brought so much joy to my life.

She was a Black Tabby as in the above pics. Years ago I had a barn orange tabby male cat that was also a sweetheart cat but he was used to roaming and being a tomcat but he was lovable as well. He never came back from one of his excursions one day and that was it....
That’s an awesome story man ! Got my little buddy from a rescue ! 🤘🤘

Back