Why do people rave about GNR gigs nowadays?

Hell if I know. The wife and I saw them a year ago in Vegas and they were dreadful. I shit you not it was like a mass exodus of people walking out. Hundreds literally and we were among them.

My mates and I went to see them when they came through in 2017. We bought the most expensive 600 bucks tickets too.

I did it cos it was a teenage me's dream come true to see them live. They never came to Singapore in their prime.

I crossed it off my bucket list but it was a very, very sterile, safe and attitude-less GnR.

And yeah I get it. They're much older now and yada yada yada. I don't expect them to be running around or jumping off shit like they did when they were in their prime. But I did not expect such a boring ass show.

Axl's voice was Mickey Mouse at best. That girl with the laptop made the band look like a fucking EDM act. The drummer was too fucking clean. No rock and roll swing at all. Slash was Slash but with lacklustre tone.

I did it once. Never fucking again!

They've milked the Money train for years now.
Eddie Trunk, a close personal friend of mine even said as I paraphrase, they could have not toured the last couple years or so..
They're living the jet setter lives.. No worries to put out a new record.. Don't think they could if they wanted to. Kind of lame.

Their drummer Frank Ferrer was terrible when they got back together. His timing was awful. He sounded like a shitty bar band drummer. I can't understand how they didn't fire him, he was that bad. He's much more solid now. I'll bet they run a click track in his ear buds. He's no Adler, though. Steven's playing had a killer swing to it, and that was a big part of the early GnR magic.

Their drummer Frank Ferrer was terrible when they got back together. His timing was awful. He sounded like a shitty bar band drummer. I can't understand how they didn't fire him, he was that bad. He's much more solid now. I'll bet they run a click track in his ear buds. He's no Adler, though. Steven's playing had a killer swing to it, and that was a big part of the early GnR magic.

They could've asked Sorum and he would've been way better than their current drummer

Back