Will Pre amps work with two notes captor x?

Abridge

I have a two notes captor x and I was thinking of buying a synergy syn-1 and a synergy diezel vh4 module and was wondering if that would work hooking up to a two notes captor x to use for cab simulation?

I think if you want to use just the Syn-1 and the VH-4 module, you'd need the Two Notes Cab M.
The Captor X can still work for you, but will need to take the output of the Synergy module into the FX return of one of your amps, then from the speaker output of the amp into the Captor X.

If you just go from the synergy module direct to the Captor X, the level will be too low, and you will be missing the power amp part of the tone shaping.

I think if you want to use just the Syn-1 and the VH-4 module, you'd need the Two Notes Cab M.
The Captor X can still work for you, but will need to take the output of the Synergy module into the FX return of one of your amps, then from the speaker output of the amp into the Captor X.

If you just go from the synergy module direct to the Captor X, the level will be too low, and you will be missing the power amp part of the tone shaping.

So essentially I would need a power amp head then due to the power amp missing in the synergy module. I don't have a cab because I live in an apartment so other than playing live my practice playing and recording would be mostly headphones

I have a syn 2 and a TNL.
The syn2 has a di out which sounds decent enough. On its own, I thought it was pretty cool and I could use it. But as soon as you hook up the syn 2 to a proper big glass power section, the difference is huge.
TNL has a power amp sim but I never enjoyed that part. Their speaker sims are great though

You could invest in a power tube only amp, but at that price point you may as well pick out a regular preamp/poweramp tube head to use as there are a few good options >1k.

I have a syn 2 and a TNL.
The syn2 has a di out which sounds decent enough. On its own, I thought it was pretty cool and I could use it. But as soon as you hook up the syn 2 to a proper big glass power section, the difference is huge.
TNL has a power amp sim but I never enjoyed that part. Their speaker sims are great though

You could invest in a power tube only amp, but at that price point you may as well pick out a regular preamp/poweramp tube head to use as there are a few good options >1k.

What about a Kemper Power Rack? I use a Kemper Power Rack for live playing so it has a 8 ohm 600W RMS but I see that the Captor X only allows up to 100 W. Would I be destroying the Captor X by hooking my Kemper up via speaker cable?

What about a Kemper Power Rack? I use a Kemper Power Rack for live playing so it has a 8 ohm 600W RMS but I see that the Captor X only allows up to 100 W. Would I be destroying the Captor X by hooking my Kemper up via speaker cable?
I actually have a powered Kemper too. It will work with Two Notes and Synergy, but IME the Kemper sounds best as it is by itself. It'll power the syn stuff but it is adding a lot of stuff to haul around and the synergy sounds way better with big glass power tubes anyway.
If this is all to sit in a studio room then you could go for it and hook it all up....not sure if you are ever going to reach full happiness with syn until you get the glass though.

I actually have a powered Kemper too. It will work with Two Notes and Synergy, but IME the Kemper sounds best as it is by itself. It'll power the syn stuff but it is adding a lot of stuff to haul around and the synergy sounds way better with big glass power tubes anyway.
If this is all to sit in a studio room then you could go for it and hook it all up....not sure if you are ever going to reach full happiness with syn until you get the glass though.

Not going to go the Syn route, it was just a possible option if the Kemper did not work with the captor X. What I like about the captor X is the wall of sound plugin and the ability to choose different cabinets and mic placements that the kemper cannot provide (for recording purposes). If the kemper is able to run into the Captor X then I will just turn off the Kempers Cabinet when I record which will allow me to use all of the Captor cabinets.

I am essentially just trying to not have to buy an Amp head if the Kemper would work just fine with the Captor X.

Not going to go the Syn route, it was just a possible option if the Kemper did not work with the captor X. What I like about the captor X is the wall of sound plugin and the ability to choose different cabinets and mic placements that the kemper cannot provide (for recording purposes). If the kemper is able to run into the Captor X then I will just turn off the Kempers Cabinet when I record which will allow me to use all of the Captor cabinets.

I am essentially just trying to not have to buy an Amp head if the Kemper would work just fine with the Captor X.
In that case, then I don't think the Kemper poweramp is even needed in the chain. The Kemper power is purposely vanilla. You could likely go direct out of the Kemper and scroll through the Captor Cabs.
There are a million cab options in Kemper, but I resolved to just use the cabs that came with the profile. Good luck on your exploration!

Back