Wise Family Memorial Fund for Fallen Rig-Talker Ben Wise

Donated... didn't know him or the family, but couldn't imagine leaving my boys behind, pretty choked up even thinking about it :(

Thanks for keeping us safe, I wish you would have made it home. I have 2 little ones and the thought of not coming home to them is unbearable. Thanks for the post, donated.

I feel so deeply about this...I am praying for the family..thanks for linking to the donation Brad.

:aww:

RIP Ben. Thank you for your sacrifice. I was waffling over how much to donate and then it struck me that Ben donated EVERYTHING he had to give. So God Bless you Ben. I hope what little I can offer to help your family out will help them through this time. A beautiful family will be missing their husband and father dearly... :(

BTW... thanks for posting this Brad. I've managed to bypass it until today, but I'm glad I finally stumbled in here. I knew there must be a good reason that I've continued to visit here even though I've gone "unplugged".

Taylor,
I'm sorry your uncle can't be there with his family for Thanksgiving too. I hope his wife and kids are doing as well as can be expected. Your Uncle Ben was a very cool guy that I really enjoyed emailing back and forth with.

taylorh1729":3pamhofh said:
Thank yoou for your sacrifice Uncle Ben. We all miss you and wish you could be here for thanksgiving again.
Taylor,
Your uncle Ben was a great man who stood for all the things lesser men wish they had lived by, but never did. I'm sorry he wont be with you all this thanksgiving, I know that has got to be tough to deal with. My heart goes out to you.
"Greater love has no man but to lay down his life for another"
Know that you and yours are in my prayers ;)
Jim

psychodave":26uqzynm said:
steve_k":26uqzynm said:

I was thinking about Ben and did a search to find this thread and post.

While we’re with our families this holiday season, let’s not forget the men and women who protect us and sacrifice so much.

For those that may not have known Ben, his forum name was StuntDouble.

Dave,

Thought he went by OBGYNKenobi?

I was in Afghanistan in RC North for a while with Ben, and we corresponded a bit; last I talked to him, we were just having a memorial for an aviator in our unit that perished in a helicopter crash. After that, we redeployed home, and shortly after that Ben passed away. I think of him from time to time, but that sort of comes with knowing a bunch of guys no longer with us in our line of work. He had a great sense of humor, and was super knowledgeable about amps, in addition to being a Group Medic, which says a lot as well. I hope he's found peace, and maybe a great Plexi.

Back