Wizard mtl settings for new owner

The MTL takes some time to dial. What speakers are you using? One thing is it has loads of gain so dial back the gain. Keep the depth around 4. Lead scoop shifts the eq upward. Mine sounds fantastic.

tpruitt":1ypn54ut said:
I'm using v30's and 65's.
I would change those to Heritage 30"s if you can. 55hz cones. Vintage 30's do work with the MTL but not as nice as the Heritage imo. I would start with a different speaker over the V-30 since you are not happy. Pretubes I would go with all JJecc83 aside from V1 and V6 PI where I use the JJecc803. I do not like JJ's much but in the several Wizards I had they work. I also like the Winged C el34 in Wizards over the e34L. Check your bias for sure. My PV is about 485 and I keep my bias at 34MA. I prefer it at this setting approximately. Too high doesn't sound as good to me. With lead scoop in I adjust the bass lower, mids about the same for in or out but treble and bright higher. Lead scoop pulled do the opposite. Try lead scoop pulled bass on 5, depth on 4, mids at 4.5, treble at 4.5, and bright on 4-5.

I got this in a deal swapping some gear. What's a mtl 50watt go for on the used market?
I haven't seen any!

Back