Wizard vs Splawn

Kemper player is like 600 bucks. I had a friend that gave this guy in the Ukraine several hundred to build an Ubeschall clone. He got it back and learned he just threw his money away.

Splawn are like 2k. Used they are around 1200-1800. If he is charging you less than that his components are shit. Sorry but it's true just a set of quality transformers are 300-450. Chassis, faceplates, caps etc you are looking at 600 to 700 for components. Surely your friend doesn't want to spend his time building you an amp for free? Have him buy a kit from Ceriatone or a board from a DIY vendor but if you want chugga chugga etc. Just get a Peavey. I'm probably going to irritate a lot of people but we all spend a lot on random boutique stuff to play at home or to crowds less than 100 people(myself included). I've gotten better results on my tone by taking a few lessons vs chasing the next latest and greatest amp builder.

Any Wizard is going to have better clarity, and thump than the Nitro. So I'd have your friend build a clone of the Wizard MCII which has more tonal range, ie different sounds, than the MTL or MCI.

Back