Work is not my f'ing family!!!

MadAsAHatter

There's one "leadership" person that loves to refer to the workplace as family using it to guilt trip people into working well beyond their scope. It aggravates me to no end. I don't recall being related to you. I don't spend Thanksgiving and celebrate Christmas with you. I'm pretty sure I never went on a "family" vacation with you. We're paid to be here and do a specific job. If it wasn't for that I'd have no association with you whatsoever. Don't try to pull that "we're family" bullshit with me. (And don't think I didn't say this straight to their face.)

The specific incident that set me off was using that nonsense trying to pull my team to different areas to help out. It's not my fault the other people don't have their shit together and wait until it all hits the fan to ever do anything. My team and I put in a lot of work to be efficient, address potential issues before they're a problem, and not have to deal with that sort of stuff. It's not our responsibility to make up for others' lack of planning. I have an idea, why don't you stop with "we're a family" load of horse shit and address the shortcomings of the other teams instead of constantly trying to pull my group to help out all the time.

Okay, rant over

There's one "leadership" person that loves to refer to the workplace as family using it to guilt trip people into working well beyond their scope. It aggravates me to no end. I don't recall being related to you. I don't spend Thanksgiving and celebrate Christmas with you. I'm pretty sure I never went on a "family" vacation with you. We're paid to be here and do a specific job. If it wasn't for that I'd have no association with you whatsoever. Don't try to pull that "we're family" bullshit with me. (And don't think I didn't say this straight to their face.)

The specific incident that set me off was using that nonsense trying to pull my team to different areas to help out. It's not my fault the other people don't have their shit together and wait until it all hits the fan to ever do anything. My team and I put in a lot of work to be efficient, address potential issues before they're a problem, and not have to deal with that sort of stuff. It's not our responsibility to make up for others' lack of planning. I have an idea, why don't you stop with "we're a family" load of horse shit and address the shortcomings of the other teams instead of constantly trying to pull my group to help out all the time.

Okay, rant over

I don't miss the corporate world one bit. Sorry you have to put up with this crap.

I don’t even like being friends with my coworkers, never mind seeing them as family.

I work with these dudes all day, I don’t want to hang out with them after work and talk about work.

I admittedly work more hours than I should, but that’s just my ethos on the job I have and not because management pressures me to

If you were hard core orthodox christian and always talking about what monasteries you were making pilgrimages to and what icons you bought lately your boss would avoid you like a leper so the "family" stuff would probably screech to a halt. I guess you're out of luck for now though.

Back