Wos 4.4 Logic / UAD Luna

tdiprinzio

Just installed the latest Wos 4.4. Seems Logic 10.6.2 and UAD Luna 1.1.9 both hang when scanning the WoS Plug-in.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times following the uninstall instructions provided by Two-Notes. When i move the component file from its installed location, both Logic and Luna launch and work as expected. I am sure its something i may have missed.

Any thoughts / help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

Might seem like a silly question but did you DL the right WoS version?? VST, VST3, AAX, AU, etc?? I'm not a Logic user - I'm Reaper - and my latest WoS hasn't had any issues in VST/VST3 mode with Reaper, but I'm sure things would get weird if I DL'd an irregular format...like I said, prolly a silly question but sometimes the obvious ones are the ones that get us.

Please let us know.
Cheers,
Mo

Might seem like a silly question but did you DL the right WoS version?? VST, VST3, AAX, AU, etc?? I'm not a Logic user - I'm Reaper - and my latest WoS hasn't had any issues in VST/VST3 mode with Reaper, but I'm sure things would get weird if I DL'd an irregular format...like I said, prolly a silly question but sometimes the obvious ones are the ones that get us.

Please let us know.
Cheers,
Mo
Thanks for the response Mo:

Not a silly question at all. Yes, made sure i had the right DL for MacOS 11.x.. Now here is the strange thing. Cuz there always is. On first launch in UAD LUNA 1.19, WoS loaded and authorized no issue. Poked around for a few minutes then closed the app. Next time I launch LUNA it hangs. Same in Logic 10.6.2. Remove the component file and all works fine in both DAW's... I've deleted the component and other associated files as per Two-notes website and reinstalled a few times.. . I may just reinstall LUNA and Logic..

Good Vibes and Sunny Days....
Tim

So it may be the audio I/O interface software that's glitching within Logic under Big Sur?? And WoS just kinda pushed it over the edge??
Keep us posted - this could help a lot of future Logic/UA combo users.

Peace & Powerchords,
Mojo

it is not working when the plug-in is installed. However, I did find a crash dump file for LUNA when it hung yesterday. The crash file indicates JUCE Framework issue. So Ive been looking into it a bit but am not very familiar with their framework. I may send the crash file to Two-Notes tomorrow...

Yep - open a request - their client care is top-tier. Glad you managed to get a dump file for when it happened - but does the crash data specify what task or environment it was in when it crashed?? That would be my aim - feel free to send me the file on PM if ya want me to have a looksee; I'm former IT/programmer so might be able to help. But TN will definitely assist if the crash is happening with their software or it parsing with another regular/normal environment.

Hey there - i cant seem to OM you with the LUNA crash log. I just recently joined this forum it appears you need 50 post to PM.. ?? idk. However, I have created a ticket and sent the UAD LUNA crash dump file to them. Here is the first few lines:

Process: LUNA [42715]
Path: /Applications/LUNA.app/Contents/MacOS/LUNA
Identifier: com.uaudio.luna
Version: 1.1.9 (2109)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: LUNA [42715]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2021-06-14 15:15:14.256 -0400
OS Version: macOS 11.4 (20F71)
Report Version: 12
Bridge OS Version: 3.0 (14Y908)
Anonymous UUID: AF592C42-0A52-37A4-45CD-67493579A024

Sleep/Wake UUID: 14CF45DC-B958-4742-AA0C-F11A4D3DCCD8

Time Awake Since Boot: 850000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 850000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: disabled

Crashed Thread: 0 JUCE Message Thread Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00007ffeeeaddff8
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [42715]

VM Regions Near 0x7ffeeeaddff8:
MALLOC_LARGE 7ff221bdf000-7ff221bf0000 [ 68K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV
--> STACK GUARD 7ffeeb2de000-7ffeeeade000 [ 56.0M] ---/rwx SM=NUL stack guard for thread 0
Stack 7ffeeeade000-7ffeef2de000 [ 8192K] rw-/rwx SM=SHM thread 0

Thread 0 Crashed:: JUCE Message Thread Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 com.TwoNotes.Torpedo Wall Of Sound 0x0000000123fa848e int juce::CharacterFunctions::compareIgnoreCase<juce::CharPointer_UTF8, juce::CharPointer_UTF8>(juce::CharPointer_UTF8, juce::CharPointer_UTF8) + 446

Hello @tdiprinzio

The software team has replied to your ticket this morning. Can you please see if the solution provided has worked in your case please?
Hi Dilan

yes, the solution provided worked. Uninstalled WoS 4.4 and performed a clean install of WoS 4.4.1 with a system restart and all is good… appreciate all the help provided by Two Notes team..

Would you be able to share what was found and fixed?

regards
Tim🤘🏼🎸

Back