Would a 2x12 G-Flex pair up better with my MKIV than a REcto 2x12?

Lord Toneking

I might go buy one today and my amp is in the shop getting fixed.

Should I take the plunge and just go for it...I need to act quick or it'll be gone

i want to know about the gflex 4x12. is it true they designed the 2x12 first and something is wrong that the 4x12 dosent sound right?

>|<>QBB<
RaceU4her":7f870 said:
i want to know about the gflex 4x12. is it true they designed the 2x12 first and something is wrong that the 4x12 dosent sound right?
I could'nt tell ya. I've heard decent things about the 2x12's though.

I have a Mark IV and a G-flex and it sounds pretty damn good. The G-flex is really bassy so its easy to make the Mark sound a little flubby. But after you do that once, you'll be fine. Great cab though. Overall though I think they are a nice match for each other.

The GFlex cab has a really huge bass, but some people feel it's kind of "artificial" sounding. I think it's partly the speakers; I never really cared for the GFlex speakers in mine. I ended up changing them out for a V30 and G12 Century, which made a big positive difference. Without them the cab was pretty dark. I think it'd work great either way with the Mark IV though, especially if you're looking for metal sounds. The GFlex excels at punishment :D

I could be wrong here, but I think Zorran used a G-flex cab for his MArk IV clips--if I remember right--and they sound amazing. Granted, I haven't got his sound out of mine, but it must be in there somewhere.

The G-flex cabs give off a false sense of bass. In other words, The cab adds to the amps tone instead of projecting what is actually comming out of the amp. I liked the MKIV with the G-flex but you definitely had to dial in the amp differently when using it (Which I do anyway for every cab I own )
If you want a powerfull sounding cab that sounds more like a 4x12 and has a tendency to add to the overall tone , then .. The G-flex would be a good choice. If you want something that is more accurate to what the amp sounds like, The mesa should be fine but I would swap out the speakers (just my preferance.. YMMV)
If you want a 2x12 cab that sounds more like a 4x12 and is more natural sounding ,then I can highly recommend an earcandy Buzzbomb cab.

>|<>QBB<
Lord Toneking":4fe61 said:
I might go buy one today and my amp is in the shop getting fixed.

Should I take the plunge and just go for it...I need to act quick or it'll be gone

Why don't you wait until you have the amp back and let your ears be the judge?

The G FLex is in my top 3 cabinets for Mark series amps:

G Flex
Metal Grille Boogie
Voodoo amps with v30's

I like the above for different reasons, but think they all kick ass with Marks vs all the other cabs I have tried.

The G FLex adds some top end sizzle and bass that you will have to account for when you tweak though. I like it, but could see how some wouldn't.

Back