Wow, i have some kick-ass amps at my house right now.

thiswaythatway

My Fortin Cali mod of course, and I've been borrowing another forum members Cameron modded Marshall, and a Friedman modded 50 watt amp. I just spent some time with the Cameron and really started getting some great tones out of it. It's got 2 channels, the normal channel is balls out rock and metal gain. One the 2nd channel damm, i felt like i could dial anything from clean to classic rock. I think i need to get a channel like this thrown on my Fortin.

The Friedman is cool. It's got the BE, C45, JBE, FAT switch, and a JBE Saturation switch. Overall it's got less gain than the other 2 but it sounds great. I'm still playing with the switches on that one and finding good sounds. I have to play a lot more with these amps in the time that i have them but it's been a blast. You really can't go wrong with anyone of these.

But for the guys who love that Cameron type of ripping gain and you can't find one, just call up Mike Fortin. The amps have a little bit different sound and feel, but they share plenty and i could be happy with either.

IS it Dan's Ocean Cameron? IMO that is the best sounding Cameron I have heard going from memory, that amp is sick sick sick sick :rock:

Agreed about the fortin / cameron comparison, I would be happy with either one but they do sound different and the the feel is a tad different as well. I still want a cameron just to have one, they are special in the modded marshall world :thumbsup:

Digital Jams":180nsgi8 said:
IS it Dan's Ocean Cameron? IMO that is the best sounding Cameron I have heard going from memory, that amp is sick sick sick sick :rock:

Agreed about the fortin / cameron comparison, I would be happy with either one but they do sound different and the the feel is a tad different as well. I still want a cameron just to have one, they are special in the modded marshall world :thumbsup:
Its not my Ocean. It's my other one that is more like the CCV. I prefer the Ocean but figured that since the Ccv is more known it would be easier for Dan to give people an idea of how all of the amps compare.

danyeo":35ry9p73 said:
My Fortin Cali mod of course, and I've been borrowing another forum members Cameron modded Marshall, and a Friedman modded 50 watt amp. I just spent some time with the Cameron and really started getting some great tones out of it. It's got 2 channels, the normal channel is balls out rock and metal gain. One the 2nd channel damm, i felt like i could dial anything from clean to classic rock. I think i need to get a channel like this thrown on my Fortin.

The Friedman is cool. It's got the BE, C45, JBE, FAT switch, and a JBE Saturation switch. Overall it's got less gain than the other 2 but it sounds great. I'm still playing with the switches on that one and finding good sounds. I have to play a lot more with these amps in the time that i have them but it's been a blast. You really can't go wrong with anyone of these.

Dan, I am glad that you are enjoying yourself with the amps. Both are great for what they are. Its easy to get lost in all the options, but also easy to dial in something that sounds good in a matter of seconds. If your still interested in some of the Randall stuff, I'll drop some off when I get the amps back from you so you can get some time to play around in the modular world. I have plenty of modules with the modded Marshall vibe as well as Petes Mark Series Mod which I think is pretty cool.

I like Friedman's work, not the high gain stuff, he modded my 74' with the FAT switch, BE voicing , amazing effects loop, and master volume mod, and its the only modded Marshall that I've played through that retains the classic Marshall Character to my ears. I use just a Fulltone FAT Boost-3 with level only boost for more soup. kicks ass with singles and HB's.

A

Heritage Softail":3kkndqub said:
How does the Fortin modded Marshall compare to a Fortin Bones?

The Bones is not a marshall, different freqs and more modern while retailing bark and tighter.

I may have to change my statement on best cameron mod amp due to hearing Nick's Staurday, it was one of those moments when converstaions stopped and looked for what was plugged in.

Back