Wow, used gear sales have come to a screeching halt....

Total political implications with this statement: our country is a fucking dumpster fire ran by a dementia patient and his special needs administration.
Fz1D3heaUAARIlg.png

Mine did as well, but I cant sell.
Where are we to go? Then we would have to pay a stupid amount for another place, if you can find one.
Chances are then bidding against 20 other nitwits.
Real estate here in the Finger Lakes is silly.

It did get me a dumb amount in the form of home equity line of credit at a good interest rate...

I have a nice 2.6% rate, but I am trying to pay that off ASAP. I want NO mortgage payment :D

I got laid off. I've always had an eye out for other things, decent offers thrown my way. Nope, I was a stupid asshole that stayed loyal just to get laid off. Now all those prospects I was looking at dried up. I've applied to a crazy amount of jobs and hear nothing back. I really think you're right, they're just ghost jobs posted to make companies look good because they're "always hiring". I'm past the age cutoff for a job in my degree in policing because I wasted time trying to make a small company grow. Blows.

Gear wise, I've downsized to 3 guitars, a Quad Cortex and a Mesa 2x12. No intention of buying anything, it's all a merry go round anyway. People are probably struggling and feeling the same.
how old are you?
https://careers.bop.gov/s/job?id=75...M4ohKbIhIuS0masnVOiaRR4VVNVdmjzBoCBEkQAvD_BwE

I'll be 37 shortly. I was a bondsman for several years and worked closely in Lehigh County Prison. I would pretty much spend half the day sitting in intake, sending leads to my partner in the office. Man. What a miserable place prisons are. The smell. I've never smelled that smell anywhere else. Luckily prisoners never fucked with me because I'm the guy that'll get them out, but jeez are some of those people absolute animals.

There are some pretty cool jobs in the search feature pretty near me and they have veterans preference. I'm going to look into them. Thanks for the heads up. Also thinking about trying out USPS.

I'll be 37 shortly. I was a bondsman for several years and worked closely in Lehigh County Prison. I would pretty much spend half the day sitting in intake, sending leads to my partner in the office. Man. What a miserable place prisons are. The smell. I've never smelled that smell anywhere else. Luckily prisoners never fucked with me because I'm the guy that'll get them out, but jeez are some of those people absolute animals.

There are some pretty cool jobs in the search feature pretty near me and they have veterans preference. I'm going to look into them. Thanks for the heads up. Also thinking about trying out USPS.
yup-nothing like the smell of ass and stinking feet when you walk into shu or a housing unit. The wicks in shu were the worst for me. We have 20 year retirement at age 50 with LEO retirement. Plus they are doing 10k-15k sign on bonus plus pay bumps based on prior experience. Plenty of other jobs besides being a hack(C.O.)...just get your foot in the door. As far as miserable yeah...pretty miserable but lots of fun at times. Any questions gimme a shout. I retired two years ago....also the sex is great!!!

I have a nice 2.6% rate, but I am trying to pay that off ASAP. I want NO mortgage payment :D
I wouldn't.

Put that money into a savings account and get 4.3% on your money instead.

Beat them at their own game.

I can't wait for the Briben Inflation Reduction Act to kick in.

I wonder where that 400 billion went.

I wouldn't.

Put that money into a savings account and get 4.3% on your money instead.

Beat them at their own game.
I have done the calculations on that, and the dollars only really work out in your favor over a very long time period. Like if you started a 30 year mortgage today at 2.6%, vs. the rates staying high for multiple years from now.

If it is less than 5-7 years or something left, you would pay less in interest than you would earn in savings.

Reactions: Geo
I have done the calculations on that, and the dollars only really work out in your favor over a very long time period. Like if you started a 30 year mortgage today at 2.6%, vs. the rates staying high for multiple years from now.

If it is less than 5-7 years or something left, you would pay less in interest than you would earn in savings.
I understand, once you near the end of the mortgage that you are paying mostly principle.

Either way, getting 4.35% in a liquid account, is a better way than paying down the principle early.

Isn't the idea to pay less interest than you would earn in savings?

I sold a house at the same rate and bought a SFH at 5.75%. We left a home where crime was awful, an improperly managed association, nearby development plan lies to bait and switch initial home purchases, the list goes on. We were not going to be a slave to the rate and are much happier/safer.

I understand, once you near the end of the mortgage that you are paying mostly principle.

Either way, getting 4.35% in a liquid account, is a better way than paying down the principle early.

Isn't the idea to pay less interest than you would earn in savings?
Yes, the goal would be to pay less interest on your house than what your savings is paying in interest each month. However, that would not happen for several years. It wouldn't happen at all today if you had a new mortgage at 7% or whatever they are now. You would have to build up several hundred thousand dollars before you were net positive.

What good is liquid cash when you are losing $1000 a month to house interest? Not to mention you have to worry about being laid off and not being able to keep up with the payments. I would rather have no house payment and never have to worry about it again. I could pay yearly taxes working 3 hours a week.

I've been seeing new prices lower than used on some gear. 😮

I haven't been shopping anywhere but online since the pandemic and got stuck at Walmart for an hour and a half last week getting new tires. I walked around the store and many of the items I remember buying there before 2020 were nearly twice as high or more than when I was buying them in the past.

Total political implications with this statement: our country is a fucking dumpster fire ran by a dementia patient and his special needs administration.
The force is strong here,..This one has a firm grasp of the obvious! :ROFLMAO:
This is not new, last summer a buddy who works in the Mt bike industry said companies were laying off over a dozen salaried employees. The lack of product during Covid had finally arrived from container ships and coupled with no one buying...

In Calif we are paying an avg of $5.50 for gas.

Not to be that guy - but I sold my Jackson RRT for $750 in perfect condition in 2 days on Reverb. About 65% of the new price. Trying to sell locally is not good and Reverb ate me up in fees a little but the broader audience helped move it.

Since the thread veered off into personal economics, I always paid extra on principal on my mortgage and it's been paid since 2018. I bought myself a PRS as a reward. Interest is the devil. I avoid it whenever I can.

Back