WTB Bogner Uberschall Rev 2.

pm sent.... i have one available its beautiful to! rev blue w/ metal grille... freshly retubed and ready to peel paint!!!!! :rock:

Since I am definitely now in the market for both an Uber and the Ecstacy 101B, can you please tell me the difference between the revisions on the Uberschall? I've been looking on the forum for specific reasons why you'd want one or the other and so far, I haven't found it.

I THINK I would want the most recent revisions, simply because it makes sense to me that they would alter the design based upon better and improved ideas . . . is that the way this works though? I'm looking forward to getting some time with both of these beasts.

Thanks!!

Dark Aardvark":s783p1tu said:
Since I am definitely now in the market for both an Uber and the Ecstacy 101B, can you please tell me the difference between the revisions on the Uberschall? I've been looking on the forum for specific reasons why you'd want one or the other and so far, I haven't found it.

I THINK I would want the most recent revisions, simply because it makes sense to me that they would alter the design based upon better and improved ideas . . . is that the way this works though? I'm looking forward to getting some time with both of these beasts.

Thanks!!

Never tried a blue, but i have been offered rev blues two separate times for my rev 2.

Interesting . . . I guess I need to read all the different forums before I ask questions that may already be addressed, but I haven't done that yet so I'll just ask . . . .

Does that mean you've got a newer one or an older one?

Dark Aardvark":askkm9sc said:
Interesting . . . I guess I need to read all the different forums before I ask questions that may already be addressed, but I haven't done that yet so I'll just ask . . . .

Does that mean you've got a newer one or an older one?

its a older one, the revision right before the rev blue.

dont know, but now you can make that 3 times people have tried to trade a blue for my rev 2.. :confused:

i've had it for trade on several forums the past 2 days, but the band said they would kill me if i got rid of it..lol

I've never played a Blue Revision, but I've always heard it was the most "Marshally" of the bunch. Supposed to be brighter and the low end is supposedly not as big. The Blues have the fx loop send level too. Some Rev 2's might, but mine doesn't Anyway, some people like the Blues better and some don't because it's not as beastly as the other 2.

fearhk213":18olfukg said:
I've never played a Blue Revision, but I've always heard it was the most "Marshally" of the bunch. Supposed to be brighter and the low end is supposedly not as big. The Blues have the fx loop send level too. Some Rev 2's might, but mine doesn't Anyway, some people like the Blues better and some don't because it's not as beastly as the other 2.

I am the proud owner of a "Revison Blue" and allthough I have not ever owned any of the other "revisioins", your description sounds just about right. This Revision Blue has plenty of low end, and I've been happy with it "around 2 o'clock", but from what I've heard on this forum and elsewhere, the other versions have considerably more low end. I don't need more, so I love the Revision Blue . . . it's gonna record great and make no mistake, it's still one mean sounding son-of-a-bitch.

I love it.

«The pots have a custom taper on the blue. Also the tube sockets are hand wired on the rev 2 and are on a circuit board on the blue. There is an input mute circuit on the blue. The blue has an adjustable level cotrol on the FX loop and bias test points. Both amps are great and going for about the same sound.
Thanks,
Charley Polacheck
Bogner Amplification»

Back