WTB Synergy Stuff

Aynirar27

Looking to take the dive into a synergy setup. Syn-1/Syn-2/modules, what do you have have?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Very recently tried the Synergy deal.
Zero complaints about the tones but the novelty of the whole thing wore off after a short while.

tsM5yqG.png

There's no novelty - most of the modules are extremely well done . The only part you have to pay attention to is the fact that alot of the modules can very much sound alike depending on the preamp design . I have a few of the heads to compare them to and I would challenge anyone to figure out which is which.

The plug and play modular aspect being the novel part. Wasn't meant as a dig.
At one point I had 6 modules and the dual rack amp with full midi switching.

Found it hard to just settle on a tone for hours like I can with a dedicated setup.
Kept having the urge to switch out modules - just because it was so easy.

Again, zero issues with the tones - except for the IICP module.
Just couldn't make that one work.

thanks for the input guys. I’m ok with the novelty of it as I’m not really hoping to replicate any particular amps exactly.

I’ve whittled myself down to one great sounding 50 watt cab and I think this will be the best option for getting a good range of tones in to a 50 watt or less platform

thanks for the input guys. I’m ok with the novelty of it as I’m not really hoping to replicate any particular amps exactly.

First thing is decide between the single slot unit or the dual. The single runs pretty hot because of how packed the insides are.
Dual runs nice and cool if you have the extra space and $$.

Second, buy the Soldano module. It's flat out the single best tone of the 8-9 modules I played through.
My next fave was the Deliverance which is a lot more versatile.
The system really is a blast.

First thing is decide between the single slot unit or the dual. The single runs pretty hot because of how packed the insides are.
Dual runs nice and cool if you have the extra space and $$.

Second, buy the Soldano module. It's flat out the single best tone of the 8-9 modules I played through.
My next fave was the Deliverance which is a lot more versatile.
The system really is a blast.

The dual mount seems to make the most sense as my power amp will most likely be a rackmount as well.

Appreciate the helpful info

Wow surprised to hear that. I’ve been using the synergy stuff for about two years, recently got the IICP and think it’s one of the best sounding ones I’ve had yet. I have the Plexi module arriving tomorrow!

I too started with the SYN2 and found that I was constantly switching between my two channel amp and 4 other channels….which kept me from just playing. I decided to go with the SYN1 to cut down on options. I’m really happy with it, it’s the best way to change up your tone when you get the itch instead of dropping a bunch of money on a new head!

The plug and play modular aspect being the novel part. Wasn't meant as a dig.
At one point I had 6 modules and the dual rack amp with full midi switching.

Found it hard to just settle on a tone for hours like I can with a dedicated setup.
Kept having the urge to switch out modules - just because it was so easy.

Well put --The iicp module I couldn't figure out either ! I agree with the module swapping thing but I'm down to a 4 module midi switching setup now . You have to watch to make sure you're not spending all your time noodling with the system and not playing guitar.

Back