WTB: Wizard MTL MKII 100W

Veritas0Aequitas

I want to buy a Wizard MTL MKII 100W. Preferably in Vader with a small logo.

Just checking to see if anyone has one they would like to sell at a decent price. If not, I will probably just splurge and buy one new from Rick.

Thanks!

That's a ridiculous price imo.

What are you saving? 1% at the risk of buying used. Ehhh.

Ive seen Rick post amps in stock on his Facebook. Not sure if it is just for flash and then you still have to wait or not though.
The MTL MKIIs are $5500 shipped with a 6-10 week build time. Maybe longer now with the fire. Plus the used market is insane, inflation, shortages, the economy overall. Yes, it does seem high but really the price isn’t that far off.

And I’ve only seen the ones he posts on his Facebook are completed builds for people. Not one for sale.

The MTL MKIIs are $5500 shipped with a 6-10 week build time. Maybe longer now with the fire. Plus the used market is insane, inflation, shortages, the economy overall. Yes, it does seem high but really the price isn’t that far off.

And I’ve only seen the ones he posts on his Facebook are completed builds for people. Not one for sale.
To each their own. There's no way I would pay that price used on a $5,500 amp new.

Anything in that range is worth buying new imo unless it's a good savings. Used to see these go for $2,500 - $3,000 all day long.

I wouldn't mind waiting 10 weeks if dealing with a reputable builder.

Yeah. I would expect prices to go up again. Just from the costs going up. Now Rick may have an issue getting headshells, which was already slow. My Hybrid was done for a month before the headshell came in.

The pics on Facebook are sold amps/completed builds.... or just posting again for advertising. The amps are built to order. Usually about 2 months.

Used to see these go for $2,500 - $3,000 all day long.

No you didn't. lol You are mistaken. I've been buying Wizards for the last 5 years and have never seen a Mtl (made in 2016 or later) under $3,000, much less mid $3ks. Back then you could get new for $4600. They're almost $1,000 more new these days.

No you didn't. lol You are mistaken. I've been buying Wizards for the last 5 years and have never seen a Mtl (made in 2016 or later) under $3,000, much less mid $3ks. Back then you could get new for $4600. They're almost $1,000 more new these days.
Well I look for Modern classics so I am mistaken but yeah, definitely have seen several MCs sell for under $3k consistently. MTL idk maybe not havent looked much at these.

Well I look for Modern classics so I am mistaken but yeah, definitely have seen several MCs sell for under $3k consistently. MTL idk maybe not havent looked much at these.

Those do run cheaper. Especially if they are pre-2016 when much of his major updates were done. MC2s a little more, then MTLs then the KT models. I sold my 2018 KT150 MC2 a year ago for $3,800. Guy kept for almost a year, then he sold it for $4,500. That guy who bought it subsequently sold it shortly thereafter for about the same. I had actually considered buying it back, but I couldn't bring myself to pay more for it. lol

Those do run cheaper. Especially if they are pre-2016 when much of his major updates were done. MC2s a little more, then MTLs then the KT models. I sold my 2018 KT150 MC2 a year ago for $3,800. Guy kept for almost a year, then he sold it for $4,500. That guy who bought it subsequently sold it shortly thereafter for about the same. I had actually considered buying it back, but I couldn't bring myself to pay more for it. lol
Yeah those are the only one I’ve seen for under 3k like you said, but for a reason it seems. I had a ‘96 MC and while it would be a killer amp compared to most other amps out there, my 2016 MTL sounds just so much better. The price difference with the older ones is no coincidence

Back