WTB: Wizard MTL MKII 100W

Those do run cheaper. Especially if they are pre-2016 when much of his major updates were done. MC2s a little more, then MTLs then the KT models. I sold my 2018 KT150 MC2 a year ago for $3,800. Guy kept for almost a year, then he sold it for $4,500. That guy who bought it subsequently sold it shortly thereafter for about the same. I had actually considered buying it back, but I couldn't bring myself to pay more for it. lol
Yeah that's a tough buy and ive been in the same boat of rebuying for more.

I understand the past year used gear has gone up significantly which sucks. So I think the MCs I have seen recently are priced accordingly.

I didn't know MTLs sell for more as I dont really watch for those. But yeah I still think 4,600 is ridiculous for a $5,500 amp. Just my opinion of course.

Looking at RT history a couple have sold for $3,200 and $3,800 in the past 2 years. In my head with the recent price hikes $4k is fair, anything more than that I would just buy new unless it was a face to face mint amp or if I knew the seller.

Hell I got screwed on a $400 Peavey recently that had a broken knob that wasn't advertised haha. I couldn't imagine spending $4,600 and running into an issue.

Idk it's just to me once you cross a certain threshold on a price you might as well spend that extra dollar for piece of mind.

Anyway glad OP found the amp he was looking for and likes it.

Last edited:
Looking at RT history a couple have sold for $3,200 and $3,800 in the past 2 years. In my head with the recent price hikes $4k is fair, anything more than that I would just buy new unless it was a face to face mint amp or if I knew the seller.

Hell I got screwed on a $400 Peavey recently that had a broken knob that wasn't advertised haha. I couldn't imagine spending $4,600 and running into an issue.

Those were mk1 MTLs. Not the latest and greatest mk2s (2020 or later). So yeah they will go for less. Last one that sold was Wizard of Oz and his was priced at $3800 for a 2018 and it sold fairly quickly.

As for the price spread between new/used. Everyone is a little different. For me I generally opt for new regardless, but $900 is a decent discount and well worth it for some. You definitely need to be confident with who you are buying from though. And, as a seller, the buyers you are dealing with from a sales standpoint.

Last edited:
I think that's a fair price if it's truly only a few weeks to a month or so old. Basically getting a new amp for a huge discount and no wait. I sold my Hybrid for $4795 shipped after owning it for about a month, paid $5300. That was before the recent price increase or I would have sold it for even higher. Buyer got an amp that is essentially new with no wait. I don't buy into the whole drive it off the lot and it depreciates 25% or more when it comes to amps. If an amp is a couple weeks old to a month or so, man....it's new in my mind, and if I can get $500, $800 off that seems fair to me. But I want to be sure it really is a new unit. Just my humble opinion and how I do business.

Wizards tend to retain their value. They're in demand and just hard to get with wait times. I sold my MC II KT150 for 4500 if I remember correctly), bought my MTL II 100 watt for 4500, MC I (pre 2016, don't have the heart to update it because it sounds so fucking good) for 2750? I forget. Regardless, all excellent amps at different price points that do different things. I generally have a lot of confidence buying used Wizards (perhaps misplaced confidence), because, generally, people who buy Wizards tend to be really into them and maintain them better than other amps. Or maybe I'm licking paint who knows.

Last edited:
Yeah. with that fire, I am not surprised that someone jumped on it. I imagine the wait is gonna be awhile now. Probably still faster than a Larry, though.

You move to TX and you'll wind up with 7-8 Wizards like those other rowdy Texan RT'ers. Something in the water down there LoL!
I didn't even think about this, but you're right. Houston, San Antonio and here in DFW.

I wonder if they all three of them hook up all their amps at once, crank em as loud as they'll go, and hit a big low note like a drop A...
would it be like:

Back