Wtf is going on with B.C Rich

I didn't see this anywhere else, so bumping this back up.
GC has received a bunch of new "b" stock BC Rich guitars that they're selling at used prices.
I think the same thing may be going on with some LTD and Kramer guitars out of the same factory?
I was able to play a few yesterday.
Great build quality, sound and playability.
I was impressed with one particular Warlock Extreme Floyd.
Huge frets, flat ebony fretboard that was super ez to fly around on, stayed in tune quite well.
Not totally sold on the Fluenece pickups. They did sound good, and pushed the EVH EL34 I was playing on into crunchier territory than other guitars I played.
The abalone binding is tacky, reminds me of "Affliction" or "Ed Hardy".
Too bad, because it is a good guitar. But for $1200, no case, and coming from Korea...
I dunno, I may go back and play it again, if it's still there. Seems like they were being snapped up during my brief visit to the store.

Was just having this chat with Ray last week. Why cant BC Rich get their shit together in the afrordable range? I made the same comment about all the abalone binding? It’s like it’s 2005 all over again. We know they can do better. But glad to read they play well.

Man.....BC Rich lol. I used to think my old Warlock NJ was the most badass guitar ever. Shit I would still play a Warlock if it was a nice burl or something but tbh BC Rich hasn't been on my radar for years.

I just checked out the new line and ehhh. I'm surprised they're still around honestly. Like others have mentioned, at least to me those extreme body shapes aren't cool anymore.

Besides from a very specific Warlock there are only 2 body shapes I would even consider these days. The Gunslinger and the Shredzilla but even with that, I'd rather have a single hum charvel than a gunslinger and the binding kills the Shredzilla for me, it is just hideous. Not to mention the tacky name and that PRICE!?!?!

I have no doubt they're great players but come on. I can't see many people paying a $300 Premium for a BC Rich over an SLS Elite or something like that.

...and what is happening with Randall? They haven't released anything new in years. It's like they just gave up.

Kerry King moving to Dean guitars must mean something bad... he was like the only good player on their roster. .. unless i'm forgetting someone??

...and what is happening with Randall? They haven't released anything new in years. It's like they just gave up.
Randall let Fortin go and didn't seem to have much of a backup plan after that. A lot of the bigger names left as their contracts were up it seems.

The new BC rich claimed they were going to use abalone for the first anniversary year and then it would be shelved. Unfortunate to hear theyre STILL pushing the abalone. Hopefully they drop the spalted maple too, holy shit what an ugly look.

Kerry King probably cost more than he was worth at the time of the relaunch of the company.

Joe Perry playing 10 string Bitch. That `s about the only cool that came of that company. IMO

Brad Whitford, Rick Derringer, Neil Geraldo, Paul Stanley, Blackie Lawless, Randy Piper, Vivian Campbell, Tony MacAlpine, George Lynch, and I’m sure many others...

Man, I'll never forget Mic Mars' white Warlock. That was the 1st I ever heard of BCR. I thought that was the coolest looking guitar ever. Keep in mind that was around 1983. LOL

Man, I'll never forget Mic Mars' white Warlock. That was the 1st I ever heard of BCR. I thought that was the coolest looking guitar ever. Keep in mind that was around 1983. LOL
I got the very same guitar in 1985 and rocked it for a few years. Even though it was made in the USA, it wasnt the best guitar...

In 1987 I bought a used one exactly like that for $575 from Guitar Center. About year later, I sold it to my buddy who was in love with it, and busted his ass to earn the cash for it. He had it for around a month or so, when his Mom knocked it over while vacuuming, and cracked the headstock clean off. He would literally cry about it when we were drunk. Lol

@Fusionbear

Kiesel Holdsworth I sold recently. So cool that the top was cut before the worms
could eat all the way thru. That center section is ridiculously flamed.

spalt.jpg

Last edited:
Back