Yngwie opinion needed.

Dino 939

Banned
Hey dude’s,
I always wondered what the guys on RigTalk thought of this particular performance ?

-coupled with what do you guys think
Jimi Hendix would think of this performance
if he were still alive and sitting in the first row
of seats?

For me, this is the most bad-ass cover of this
song EVAR.
It’s all about the intro and DAMN does he light it up!
It’s a full blown spectacular’..and his verse licks are
proper & poised’,
- no jibberish.

The phrase after playing with his teeth is SO RAD!
Speaking’ of teeth??

-Yeah, I ain’t doin’ that anytime soon…

The guitar solo is an Yngwie smorgasbord..
How can anybody fuck with that??

I think Jimi would trip out (no pun),

“My MOTHERF’ER!!”..,
“Far out man..my nigga’ be WICKED GROOVY”
-J.Hendrix

What do y’all think?

It's an amazing cover..his playing is so tasteful and restrained there and the blues chops are insane. The guy is an incredible white blues player. Also dug the chromatics he worked in to this one. I think this was Seventh Sign era was it not? Still playing with meaning back then.

Hmmm to me theres still a lotta Yngwie yet to come parts are good but I think maybe too many notes .We know he can shred .I like the Kings and Stevie Ray Hendrix ,Winter blues.Just a thought.Hes been this fast /skilled for 30 years.

Considering nobody played like that in Jimis time, I think he would be saying exactly the same thing that people used to say when they saw him play. We are used to guys playing a million notes and its part of todays guitar vocabulary. I think Yngwies cover would definitely leave a lasting impression on him.

My picking hand has always been a mess. Pick slips around in my fingers and way to much movement from my wrist. I am always amazed watching him pick. Very little movement and he hits so many notes while barely moving that hand.

Considering nobody played like that in Jimis time, I think he would be saying exactly the same thing that people used to say when they saw him play. We are used to guys playing a million notes and its part of todays guitar vocabulary. I think Yngwies cover would definitely leave a lasting impression on him.
Come on! Jimi jammed with John Mclaughlin. There were plenty of fast pickers before Yngwie, just ask Uli Jon Roth and Al Dimeola

Hendrix is smiling down on Yngwie right now! What tone!

This is one of the things that Yngwie plays that you could turn someone on to who never heard of Yngwie and they would ask people, "have you ever heard of a guitar payer named Yngwie? He sounds like Hendrix, only better!" Having Geddy Lee as a keyboard player is genius, good move Yngwie.

I watched it three times now, a first for me & Yngwie. I can barely make it through one view watching anything after his first few years. I'll watch a minute, roll my eyes, smile, laugh, roll eyes again and think, Yngwie!

I hear Gary Moore in there!

Last edited:
Come on! Jimi jammed with John Mclaughlin. There were plenty of fast pickers before Yngwie, just ask Uli Jon Roth and Al Dimeola
Doh.... of course.. but if ya really wanna get technical Les Paul was a killer shredder! LOL
I wouldnt consider Uli a shredder as he is much more melodic, and makes great note choice decisions. Can he shred...sure, but I wouldnt consider him one. I saw him live decades ago..{it was friggin awesome!} and thankfully he wasnt shredding all night.

McLaughlin and Dimeola I would absolutely consider shredders, and even though Mclaughlin did an album with Marshalls, I wouldnt consider him or Dimeola to be in the same realm of Yngwie. Different music, different styles..etc.

My comment was if Jimi watched Yngwie play Red House with a stage full of Marshalls, tons of gain...loud as fuck, and playiing a million notes a measure I think he would be impressed. Blown away possibly. There are tons of players from the 50s and 60s that could shred, but none that did it in a rock genre like Yngwie. Hence my comment. (y)

When you take away all his neo classical stuff and he plays blues, he's actually very mediocre. All speed. He's saying absolutely nothing.
Old Johnny Winter, Frank Marino and a host of others, including Jimi, smoke this jerk-fest.

Back