Yngwie rehearsing live concerto suite for a show?!

This question just popped into my head. Does Yngwie tune up to standard 'E' tuning when he works with an orchestra? Do the stringed instruments (violin / viola / cello) tune down a half step? I can only imagine that lots of passages in 'standard' tuning on violin / viola / cello etc. would be a bitch to play in standard tuning but down one position because you would lose any and all open strings in the scale or arpeggio pattern.
 

Attachments

  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 18
I wish he would write another suite with new material but I doubt he has anything that would sound fresh since everything he does is a rehash of a previous rehash.
 
orchestral strings instruments have no need to alternative tunings, whatever the key may be
A violin is tuned to 5ths - G-D-A-E. While it is certainly possible to play any passage in any key in a violin, certain passages that make use of open strings would necessarily become tricky if transposed down 1/2 step.
 
He's the 3rd Mount Rushmore game changer behind Hendrix and EVH so I give him a pass on his pirate shirts and Ozempic head. I am also one of the few that thinks he had quite a few really good albums and he kept producing good tunes right up to Blitzkrieg even if the formula was getting old.

He is sloppy today though no question about that.. not sure a concerto interests me anymore. The last one as someone mentioned , was full of sloppy edits and do overs. There are two different tones throughout that performance.
 
Last edited:
He's the 3rd Mount Rushmore game changer behind Hendrix and EVH so I give him a pass on his pirate shirts and Ozempic head. I am also one of the few that thinks he had quite a few really good albums and he kept producing good tunes right up to Blitzkrieg even if the formula was getting old.

He is sloppy today though no question about that.. not sure a concerto interests me anymore. The last one as someone mentioned , was full of sloppy edits and do overs. There are two different tones throughout that performance.
Dude, I don't know about sloppy, I was watching some recent thing with him and Steve Vai and it was incredible. Zero sloppiness there man
 
Dude, I don't know about sloppy, I was watching some recent thing with him and Steve Vai and it was incredible. Zero sloppiness there man
Let me rephrase.. sloppy by YJM standards, not other mortals. I mean sloppy in jumbled runs and endless sweeps ( he hates the term sweep picking) ..or way too many notes crammed into a phrase simply because he can. His playing used to breathe more and be more calculated is what I am going for.
 
I saw that video. I’d love to see another concerto with an orchestra. I hope it is a released video and not just a local show.
 
Back
Top