You kids get off my lawn!

Gay as fuck.

Also why the second guitar player(not Tim duh) sounds like he has a piece of dried up baguette stuck in his throat when he addresses the crowd?
it's an act to antagonize boomers and others; appears to be working as designed, maybe even better.

bowie1.jpg

It really doesn't even matter if they are metal are not. They are talented dudes, killer musicians really, and people pay to see them. Plus like has been said they are polarizing so that actually is better for them cause it keeps people talking. Maybe it should be called "heavy petal" like a flower. A gentler easy listening style of metal. It might be cool if a metal band sang about roses and daisies and walks in the park and holding hands and stuff. Call it "Kum-Ba-Ya-core". LOL
Great post

Also notice how the genre of metal has the most subgenres of all of them? That's gotta tell ya something :dunno:

Talented?...yes. Listenable?....difficult.

For me, it's the lack of a groove. I've heard a few songs that are interesting, but nothing that gets my head moving or toe tapping. Even the filthiest metal has a groove in there. Polyphia is more of a gymnastics show than a concert.

This may be heresy, but I also lump Animals As Leaders into the same category. Abasi is a monster player, but after a song or two, all the clickity clackity stuff wears thin.

Reactions: rsm
Touche'. I can say crap, I wore eyeliner to school in 10th grade in 85' and used hair spray to feather my mulleted hairstyle...lol
no comment.

in my hair metal days I did wear Lip Service elastic jeans, usually snakeskin boots or white converse chuck taylor high tops, and some very pirate-esque shirts; I can honestly say no face makeup, and hairspray didn't work with my thick curly hair, I had to use that glue like hair gel that was like shellac. Thankfully, photographic and video evidence of that time is not online.

Back