Your DI matters: heavy tones with minimal processing.

So is the radial "that" bad then when compared to the more expensive options? Is there something that those give more of or add to the sound or does the radial shave off fullness? I heard a difference but it wasn't that drastic. That said, I never have time or an empty house enough to reamp anything so maybe I don't have a reason to obsess over the DI.

I don’t think the radial stuff is “that bad by any means, not at all. I think it’s like anything, it’s often not the gear as it is the user behind it. This is what matters more than anything. On that note there are definitely better DI solutions out there. I definitely notice an increase in overall bandwidth and dynamics when using an arguably “ better” DI. A better DI is often much cleaner, truer to the real sound of your instrument and has much better clarity on top of the things I mentioned above. But no, the radial stuff I don’t think is bad by any means, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t better options. I think the radial stuff is much better than just about any interfaces DI under about 1000 bucks, maybe more who knows. Because like I said, that part is often An after thought for the interface. Higher end interfaces may not have DI ‘s at all because they are bought for their AD/DA and not much else often ( lynx, prism, apogee symphony etc ). They assume most people in those situations have a quality di Solution, so there’s no need sometimes.

Back