Zerrer US

snostrebla

Greetings everyone! Long time reader first time poster.

Been trying to get a Zerrer within the US online with little luck, would it be best if I contact my local Diezel dealer?

None of the US based shops appear to have it on their websites for order. If there's anyone here they can point me to is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: Wasn't on their website, they didn't list it. Picked one up, super excited.

This thread can get deleted.

Greetings fellow Diezel class member of February 2015. New Hagen owner here. The zerrer looks super cool. Interested to know what you think. JonL's videos of the zerrer are really good. The most recent one sounded particularly awesome (tool cover if I remember correctly). Dare I say "little Fokker" in a pedal and with a number of other useful options?

I've had a couple Diezels, I use an 100 watt Einstein head as a main currently.

I want to use it as a standalone unit. So guitar -->zerrer -->Low wattage slave head/cab.

I'm still doing a lot of experimenting at this point in time, thinking I'm making a lot of mistakes. I wasn't aware that it runs off an AC / AC supply, as mine didn't come with the supply.

I'm in power supply purgatory currently, the dealer I bought it from didn't receive a power supply from the distributor, so I've been playing email tag with them (Hanser), it'll be a while before they get to the point in the conversation where I give them my address and maybe I'll have the correct one sent. I don't blame the dealer they tried their best to offer me a supply, they offered a 12 volt dc supply at 300ma, and I turned it down because they too thought it ran on DC, and I had extra supplies and what not at home. The manual did specify AC too, but it must not have computed for me. So I get it home, cant get it to work, lights were one but no output. Try all of my supplies, gave up.

Sent an email to Peter, it was 1 am his time when I sent it, and he replied instantly, many thanks again for your time, I still find it hard to believe how involved you are with your user base and haven't gone crazy. Really can't thank you enough.

Anyway, after that. I call up the dealer to see if they had anything around to help me out, they did manage to find an 18v AC/AC supply with a rating of 1 amp. I get it home, and it works.

So... right now I'm trying everything I can, in the returns if serial loops, front of amps.

What I've noticed when putting it up front and or in the return of an amp.

1. The Zerrer itself takes boosts like a boss in the "Guitar in" on both channels. It responds very well and feels like a tube preamp to me. (Guitar to zerrer to fx Loop return)

2. When you pull it from a cold car, the relays (I assume) have a hard time switching the channels and bypass add significant delay. Let it reach room temp before using it.

3. It's very sensitive to the pickups in the guitar you're using. It gives a better picture of how a pickup really sounds compared to a full blown amp.

4. I'm getting weird clipping in channel 2 with my Baritone guitars bridge pickup, it's using a railhamer anvil which is passive, and the guitar is super bass heavy which I think is the root, or it's because I'm not using the provided power supply. Either way I don't like the pickup anyway, and it'll get swapped. It goes away when I boost the mids with a tube screamer. It also goes away when I roll back the guitar volume.

5. I like using it as a preamp, but can't compute how the hell I would route my effects to the zerrer and still use it as a preamp. As in, I have my effects separate being controlled by midi. Guitar goes to guitar in on the zerrer, and power amp send goes to fx loop return of the slave guitar head and route the effects through the zerrer like I would if all the effects were going to the head. I need a map or some shit.

I need to try it through a dedicated power amp, and the headphones, and the compensated out, pretty much everything. It's a lot of fun and sounds great.

tarices22":3fhvn8ma said:
#4 Maybe the pickup is set too high?

I'd give it a look. No harm before it gets swapped out, it clips no matter how much gain, eq, depth etc, but channel 1 is fine.

snostrebla":1c2uzjo9 said:
I've had a couple Diezels, I use an 100 watt Einstein head as a main currently.

I want to use it as a standalone unit. So guitar -->zerrer -->Low wattage slave head/cab.

I'm still doing a lot of experimenting at this point in time, thinking I'm making a lot of mistakes. I wasn't aware that it runs off an AC / AC supply, as mine didn't come with the supply.

I'm in power supply purgatory currently, the dealer I bought it from didn't receive a power supply from the distributor, so I've been playing email tag with them (Hanser), it'll be a while before they get to the point in the conversation where I give them my address and maybe I'll have the correct one sent. I don't blame the dealer they tried their best to offer me a supply, they offered a 12 volt dc supply at 300ma, and I turned it down because they too thought it ran on DC, and I had extra supplies and what not at home. The manual did specify AC too, but it must not have computed for me. So I get it home, cant get it to work, lights were one but no output. Try all of my supplies, gave up.

Sent an email to Peter, it was 1 am his time when I sent it, and he replied instantly, many thanks again for your time, I still find it hard to believe how involved you are with your user base and haven't gone crazy. Really can't thank you enough.

Anyway, after that. I call up the dealer to see if they had anything around to help me out, they did manage to find an 18v AC/AC supply with a rating of 1 amp. I get it home, and it works.

So... right now I'm trying everything I can, in the returns if serial loops, front of amps.

What I've noticed when putting it up front and or in the return of an amp.

1. The Zerrer itself takes boosts like a boss in the "Guitar in" on both channels. It responds very well and feels like a tube preamp to me. (Guitar to zerrer to fx Loop return)

2. When you pull it from a cold car, the relays (I assume) have a hard time switching the channels and bypass add significant delay. Let it reach room temp before using it.

3. It's very sensitive to the pickups in the guitar you're using. It gives a better picture of how a pickup really sounds compared to a full blown amp.

4. I'm getting weird clipping in channel 2 with my Baritone guitars bridge pickup, it's using a railhamer anvil which is passive, and the guitar is super bass heavy which I think is the root, or it's because I'm not using the provided power supply. Either way I don't like the pickup anyway, and it'll get swapped. It goes away when I boost the mids with a tube screamer. It also goes away when I roll back the guitar volume.

5. I like using it as a preamp, but can't compute how the hell I would route my effects to the zerrer and still use it as a preamp. As in, I have my effects separate being controlled by midi. Guitar goes to guitar in on the zerrer, and power amp send goes to fx loop return of the slave guitar head and route the effects through the zerrer like I would if all the effects were going to the head. I need a map or some shit.

I need to try it through a dedicated power amp, and the headphones, and the compensated out, pretty much everything. It's a lot of fun and sounds great.

Please send an email to:

peterdiezel (at) diezelamplification (dot) com

Back