Diezel VH4 and Einstein Comparison

Daniel.S

Alright guys and girls!
I've got the Einstein working again!
I have the chance to compare the VH4 side by side.
Is there anything specific anyone needs me to demonstrate or should I just play A/B them? :D

Attachments

• IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 874
Just play and play and play, you know how to highlight the similarities and differences :thumbsup:

Hi!
My suggestions:
1. All EQ knobs at noon on both amps. As Peter does it.
2. Then your favourite settings on each amp.

I didn't think to do the EQ's at noon thing as I was just going to adjust the settings on the Einstein to match the selected channel on the VH4.
I've got the VH4's channels EQ'd perfectly. Thought it would be interesting to hear how the Einstein replicates that.

Daniel.S":3lexmng8 said:
I didn't think to do the EQ's at noon thing as I was just going to adjust the settings on the Einstein to match the selected channel on the VH4.
I've got the VH4's channels EQ'd perfectly. Thought it would be interesting to hear how the Einstein replicates that.

You asked, I just made a suggestion.
Noon is what the amps are intended to sound like by the designer. So I think that is interesting to folks that do not own the amps.
Since you own both, it's interesting to hear them through the same cab and recording setup.

Your personal settings are also interesting because people do things differently - for good or bad.

Vin Diezel":2f4cldv4 said:
Daniel.S":2f4cldv4 said:

You asked, I just made a suggestion.
Noon is what the amps are intended to sound like by the designer. So I think that is interesting to folks that do not own the amps.
Since you own both, it's interesting to hear them through the same cab and recording setup.

Your personal settings are also interesting because people do things differently - for good or bad.
Yeah, that's fine!
The amps will be going through different 'cabs', but with the same speaker.
VH4 is currently going through the DSL40C speaker 'cab' and the Einstein is going through Marshall 1x12 cab.

If I do it that way, then I can’t use the amp switcher to do back to back examples.
If I use the same cab I would have to record the VH4/Einstein then turn it off switch over and then wait to warm it up again, play with settings, etc.
I know what you mean though.

Daniel.S":1gvcjtar said:
If I do it that way, then I can’t use the amp switcher to do back to back examples.
If I use the same cab I would have to record the VH4/Einstein then turn it off switch over and then wait to warm it up again, play with settings, etc.

I say do it however you would like to demonstrate the similarities/differences of the amps. I am just grateful someone like you is willing to take the time to compare the two side by side for us. Thanks!

joafink2":35coxokl said:
Daniel.S":35coxokl said:

I say do it however you would like to demonstrate the similarities/differences of the amps. I am just grateful someone like you is willing to take the time to compare the two side by side for us. Thanks!
Hey no worries! We're all family here! I'm just trying to help other people because this topic has come up a few times, with no real clear demonstration of the two side by side.

Use a DI box to record the guitar separately and reamp it on each amp with the same cab, mic, position etc., to get the most useful comparison.

greatzot":4g1v8x1j said:
Use a DI box to record the guitar separately and reamp it on each amp with the same cab, mic, position etc., to get the most useful comparison.
No DI boxes here or mics. You'll only be getting room sound/volume. :LOL: :LOL:

Daniel.S":18zpwcm3 said:

I think your approach is so different from mine that I do not want to interfere.
I'm just going to listen to it when it's done and tell you why you should have done it differently.
Just kidding! :D

Daniel.S":2sj712zl said:
You'll only be getting room sound/volume. :LOL: :LOL:

Looking and hearing forward to see the outcome, it will be definitely better that just the text here ;) :thumbsup:

Vin Diezel":jiuz5xjb said:
Daniel.S":jiuz5xjb said:

I think your approach is so different from mine that I do not want to interfere.
I'm just going to listen to it when it's done and tell you why you should have done it differently.
Just kidding! :D
Hahaha! :LOL: :LOL:
I should have a chance to do it this week sometime. :doh:

This thread delivers :LOL: :LOL:

Hit us up when you can, Daniel. I'm sure no matter what, we'll be charmed and appreciative :thumbsup:

Thanks man! I hope this somewhat helps people decipher what the differences are with the EQ’s set at the same level. :)

This is interesting. I own a 100 watt Einstein with KT77s. In your comparison, I would have to give the edge to the VH4. I just felt that it overall sounded better. My Einstein is not going anywhere though. I have it set perfectly with my cabinets and IRs. Nice demo. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Back