Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Fri, Aug 23, 2019 6:21pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 9:46am 
Rock God

Are you human?: 951
Ok, so it likely is not on the level of your Kempers so don't get your panties in a knot. However, for what it does and the price it does it at? Hard not to think Mooer has hit a homerun once again. In fact, I am surprised there have been no posts on this here. Are we sleeping at the wheel Rig Talkers??!!

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 10:29am 
Rock God

I think there have been a few posts with different titles. I had wanted one immediately but wanted to wait to see what regular users think as I have sold my big name youtube stock.

I talked to one guy who confirmed the tone match is really more of an EQ match starting with a pre existing Mooer tone. So this is not a "profiler" like the Kemper although the guy said either way it does get very close.

"It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission"

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 10:35am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Looks like Mooer are putting out a lot of cool stuff. Had a GE-200, cool little unit.

On a side note. Why does Ola go full retard these days?

Caparison Dellinger II - Bare Knuckle Blackhawks
Aristides 060SR on order

Kemper Powered Rack
Marshall 2555sl
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier rev. F
Marshall 1960A Slash sig
Mesa Boogie Rectifier cab
Zilla Super Fatboy

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 11:28am 
Wannabe a Supah Stah

We’ve discussed it a little in other threads, but I don’t think it’s even available yet. ?
I wish I had that and pedal sized power amp years ago when I was gigging and on the road. Back then it was five assholes crammed in an old church van full of gear, and at least one backup head, and two bench seats to sleep on. Definitely remember catching some zzz’s on top of 4x12 cabs lol.

great transactions w: neeklaus, type_o_neg, RockStarNick, sswanson, ///MK, DoomBuggi, Retrojet, Bwill81, AmpliFIRE, Mizati20, Bubbastain, colimofsmoke, crankyrayhanky, UberschallEL34 RKnight, the rossness, battery198 alowerdeep, Tronald Dump. SomedudeinTX.

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 11:47am 
Rock God

mchn13 wrote:
We’ve discussed it a little in other threads, but I don’t think it’s even available yet. ?
I wish I had that and pedal sized power amp years ago when I was gigging and on the road. Back then it was five assholes crammed in an old church van full of gear, and at least one backup head, and two bench seats to sleep on. Definitely remember catching some zzz’s on top of 4x12 cabs lol.

Yeah, would have been amazing.

Even today for me. Moreso not gigging I feel having 2 stacks and a tube combo is just ridiculous. Barely get to use them. I would absolutely love to capture my amps and then sell them but I'm not sure how close this unit would get me.

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 1:23pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I'm really liking everything I've seen about it. The one thing I would like to know is if there is any delay when switching presets. I hate even the slightest delay. I'm wondering if it would be able to capture a Fuzz tone? I mean is there a existing preset that is close enough that the eq match can get it right?

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 2:23pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I've had mine since Monday it's good. People are kinda discounting about it's tone matching because the thing is 400 bucks but they're wrong. I tone captured my Mesa TC 50 and it's pretty damn close to the amp as far as I am concerned. The target model I used was a Mesa Mark 3 and it's way thicker than that amp model. Whatever they used is good it seems to have some of the characteristics of the amp. Not a big fan of the stock IR's so far or the EL 34 power amp sim section. The 6L6 and the EL 84 are good though and I am using Lynchback and Cremeback IR's and it's sounding good. The boost is OK but I prefer my Strymon Sunset for that. Anyway it's really killer for the price and honestly being a former Kemper and Axe FX user it seems to be damn great but we'll see how it tracks. So far I'm impressed.

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 3:12pm 
Rock God

shred-o-holic wrote:
I've had mine since Monday it's good. People are kinda discounting about it's tone matching because the thing is 400 bucks but they're wrong. I tone captured my Mesa TC 50 and it's pretty damn close to the amp as far as I am concerned. The target model I used was a Mesa Mark 3 and it's way thicker than that amp model. Whatever they used is good it seems to have some of the characteristics of the amp. Not a big fan of the stock IR's so far or the EL 34 power amp sim section. The 6L6 and the EL 84 are good though and I am using Lynchback and Cremeback IR's and it's sounding good. The boost is OK but I prefer my Strymon Sunset for that. Anyway it's really killer for the price and honestly being a former Kemper and Axe FX user it seems to be damn great but we'll see how it tracks. So far I'm impressed.

I guess you were the guy I replied to on UG. Where did you get the unit? Doesn't seem like many people are selling.

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 5:05pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

maddnotez wrote:
shred-o-holic wrote:

I guess you were the guy I replied to on UG. Where did you get the unit? Doesn't seem like many people are selling.

What’s UG? I ordered thru Amazon bought directly from Mooer. Came from China in less than a week very fast.

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 6:20pm 
Rock God

UG = Ultimate Guitar.

I could have confused you with another post. Too much forum.

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 8:13pm 
Immortal Rock God

shred-o-holic wrote:

OH, that Avatar is just fucking EPIC. :lol: :LOL:

http://soundcloud.com/danieldowning

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 9:08pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

:D :D
danyeo wrote:
shred-o-holic wrote:

OH, that Avatar is just fucking EPIC. :lol: :LOL:
:lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :D

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 9:38pm 
Supah Stah

peterc52 wrote:
Looks like Mooer are putting out a lot of cool stuff. Had a GE-200, cool little unit.

On a side note. Why does Ola go full retard these days?

+1 on everything here. Want to check this Mooer out
I guess Ola's clown show style reaches more people? I liked serious Ola amp tone stuff way more.
Also so happy Fluff ditched the Joke of the Day routine, that was unwatchable
Stevie T does make that zany stuff work- it seems more natural with whoever he is.

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 10:06pm 
Rock God

named my son after that avatar. Liam Ryker. tricked my wife, as it wasn’t William, but Liam. i call him #1. lol

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 20, 2018 7:24am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Number one make it so!

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 20, 2018 8:22am 
Rock God

I really want to try one. Was about to get an ISP Theta but I may wait and get the mooer. I would just prefer to get from SW or somewhere with a no hassle return if the tone capture did not convince me.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 21, 2018 7:10am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

So after using it the past 5 days there are a couple of hiccups. The first tone capture was a breeze, however when I switch banks to do a second one it seems a little quirky. The gain out of the target amp through the unit seemed reduced in half and I had diffuculty switching out of tone capture mode and saving it. Maybe some of it is my user error I'm still getting acquainted. I dunno I need to contact Mooer and get some clarity. I already did a system reset once to clear up the issues. Kinda helped but still I'm having some issues. I did achieve 2 tone captures that I'm happy with but I still need more time and have questions. It's still a great unit. I see firmware upgrades in the preamp lives' future I bet..

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 22, 2018 9:38am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Thing sounds great recorded very happy

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 22, 2018 3:29pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Have you done a capture on the Ironball yet? Does it work as a USB interface (i.e. recording straight into your DAW)?

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 22, 2018 9:51pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

indespise wrote:
Have you done a capture on the Ironball yet? Does it work as a USB interface (i.e. recording straight into your DAW)?

Yes I have done the Ironball and my Mesa TC. Both sound great. The usb is only for the studio software for amps cabs mics etc. I use the xlr and 1/4 for recording into the DAW. Which is what I did with the Kemper. It also doesn’t use the usb for output. My Duet sounds fine though. With a good interface don’t feel like I’m missing anything.

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 23, 2018 7:22am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Thanks for the answer. I'm half considering selling my Helix LT getting one of these- I have Helix native already, and I'm really only using the modeling on the LT to ape my fireball 100. If the preamp live does that as well or better at a lower cost and smaller footprint, it's right up my alley.

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 23, 2018 7:45am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Another question- I was just digging up info on the GE-200 and saw your posts in that thread, how would you say the modeling on that unit stacks up to the preamp live? Semi interested in it for the same reasons, and I believe it does a couple other things I use the helix for- USB recording and recording wet and dry signals simultaneously.

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 23, 2018 12:41pm 
Hack

I'm really interested in this preamp. How close it gets compare to a Kemper to an actual amp sound?
Can it load profiles from other people? If you don't wanna profile does it give you an option to tweak the existing amp models in it (with Kemper you rather look for a different profile then tweaking one ).

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 24, 2018 4:58am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

indespise wrote:
Another question- I was just digging up info on the GE-200 and saw your posts in that thread, how would you say the modeling on that unit stacks up to the preamp live? Semi interested in it for the same reasons, and I believe it does a couple other things I use the helix for- USB recording and recording wet and dry signals simultaneously.

Wasn’t me don’t have and never played Ge- 2 hundo

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 24, 2018 5:03am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

nakoshoko wrote:
I'm really interested in this preamp. How close it gets compare to a Kemper to an actual amp sound?
Can it load profiles from other people? If you don't wanna profile does it give you an option to tweak the existing amp models in it (with Kemper you rather look for a different profile then tweaking one ).

I dunno dude that’s a subjective question and also people keep saying this tone capturing is just an eq match compared to what a Kemper profile is. At the end of the day to me whatever it is it feels and sounds great. Yes you can just tweak one of their 50 preamps and get good tones that way too and supposedly there will be a way to share captures thru their website. Have not seen that. To me it serves the same purpose on what I used with the Kemper because I camped out on 1 or 2 sounds and not the 900 profiles I had. Clearly though it’s no swipe towards Kemper I used one for over 4 years and it and the company were fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 24, 2018 9:18am 
Rock God

Had three of the micro and the ge-200, their profiling is great, just dont expect tube amps, into tube amps they roxk. The 001 into my hagen fx loop could be dialed SO close it was great.

All the modeling across the product range is identical dont fall for the copy, same software period.

Great transactions with: Dexter Jackson, Pfapin05, Donbarzini, Ratter, Guitarslinger, Sixstring, Empire Prod, Motorpud, Iamthejoker,9841507,Ultron, Diagrammatiks, Juggernaut, studio289, Steve K., Dmtnt, Rhequiem, Craftm1, Red Witch, Reilly, Bucksears, ajr2454, Glip22, jabberwocker!, glassjaw7, Khoi, mizati20, ibanez4life SZ, Glide-on, Prime rib, Droptrd, Bwgintegra,Bognerluv,ben hur,TjSlice, Flizzo,Bronco, leib10, Vchizzle, Captain Stinko, Warhead78 plus like 150 more peeps...

Here long before it sucked.