Dokken - Kiss of death cover w/ Frog Amps

I've been looking for some Frog demos a lot lately. Some are really rad. and this one as well, but still they sort of lack the good old SLP bite and rawness, apparently.

Zado":j9axdeuq said:
I've been looking for some Frog demos a lot lately. Some are really rad. and this one as well, but still they sort of lack the good old SLP bite and rawness, apparently.
It really depends on which model you play through, their Marquee models are much more "classic" and raw sounding than this one! I needed an amp that could cover a lot of ground sonically so we went for three channels, sound-wise I'd say it's a cross between a Plexi and a more modern sounding higain amp

For crap sake man, that was wicked! Jay sure can lay down some licks and has that Lynch tone down. Well done.

RoccoPezzin":2ljzz53i said:
Zado":2ljzz53i said:
It really depends on which model you play through, their Marquee models are much more "classic" and raw sounding than this one! I needed an amp that could cover a lot of ground sonically so we went for three channels, sound-wise I'd say it's a cross between a Plexi and a more modern sounding higain amp
Sounds interesting, gotta give it a try. If you happen to demo one of those as well I'd be more than pleased of course :D :D

Fantastic job.. also, contrary to popular opinion, the fact that you tracked a real amp vs a modeler makes a difference. Much crisper.

Was pretty cool minus the solos. I was really wanting to see someone copy the original solos... however, I understand that its hard so I'm sure it was way easier to just improvise. Just my honest opinion. :)

psychodave":2slt57f2 said:
Was pretty cool minus the solos. I was really wanting to see someone copy the original solos... however, I understand that its hard so I'm sure it was way easier to just improvise. Just my honest opinion. :)

I was thinking the same thing. I like the definte lynch vibe on the solos.....but Kiss Of Death has some insane chops going on in that solo, I would love to have seen someone play the original. Don't get me wrong, I love this cover.

Top work, as always.
Frog Amps do a fine job of having you demo their product, then an equally terrible job of posting good information and being available. I can only assume they are a tiny operation.

Sick Squid":r0fa41ib said:
Top work, as always.
Frog Amps do a fine job of having you demo their product, then an equally terrible job of posting good information and being available. I can only assume they are a tiny operation.
Two man operation AFAIK, in a very modest town. They're doing great considering their location

psychodave":2vxx52ki said:

Purpleibby":2vxx52ki said:
psychodave":2vxx52ki said:

I was thinking the same thing. I like the definte lynch vibe on the solos.....but Kiss Of Death has some insane chops going on in that solo, I would love to have seen someone play the original. Don't get me wrong, I love this cover.

thanks guys! I've done a solo cover for this song as well, not 100% note-for-note but I've tried to stay as close as possible to the original, you might dig it!
(only available on Facebook or Instagram though)
https://www.facebook.com/RoccoPezzin/vi ... 536206165/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhYvzhsjjsY ... occopezzin

Back