Your favorite amp or amps before and after joining Rig-Talk

before: Bogner, fender, soldano,mesa, matchless,wizard(got at black market music before they were gone, best music store ever) Marshall(jcm800 and superleads), also had a red plexi that was Jake E Lees and it was AWESOME< I think it might have been modded by Kasha possibly in the 80s, but man, this thing was a flamethrower, although I am not positive it was modded by Kasha, but it was a killer amp. Sold it to a friend because he wanted it so bad for so long, think I sold it for $600!!! This was around 2004 that I sold it.

after: Bogner, marshall, suhr, Cornford, Friedman (my favorite amp I have played, dave modded my ss100 into a bitchin hard rock machine)Cameron, Diezel, Elmwood, Engl, fender, masotti, soldano, kemper,etc. but what I have right now is a SS100 and the new pt100se. both awesome.

Before all Langner/VHT....now Cameron and Mesa MKIIC++ but Wiseblood is has me missing my old 2150 :doh:

I already had some really solid stuff when I joined in 2007 so not much has changed. Then it was VHT D120 and Sig: X. Still love those.

My cork sniffing and gear whoring emptied my wallet after joining Rig-Talk but all these years later I still have Egnater/MTS/Synergy and a Dual Rec! \m/

used to play 5150's
now I lust after rack gear I couldn't afford back in the day.
I never get rid of much so I still have everything but this vht power amp I just got is kind of a game changer for me.

I was running an ZW MXR as a clean boost into an Ampeg VL head. That was actually a killer tone that worked well for the band I was in back then...my main amp post RT has been my Kruse modded DMoll. I love it but tend to get bored and broke and flip things more now than before RT lol. Back then I played stuff until it frustrated me with too many tech trips. Now I get antsy if my mids cease to haunt.

I was into buying amps before I joined Rig Talk. I was buying a amp about every three weeks for a few years. That was a few years before I joined Rig Talk. I was getting into the Fryette amps. Mostly the Sig X and Deliverance. I was at the THD shop in Seattle talking with Ed Degenaro about Fryette and the other amps around .... and he suggested I check out Rig Talk.

I have bought a few amps since joining ....but they are sold. I don't buy gear without trying it first so Rig Talk has little effect on what I buy. I've played on most of the amps people talk about on here and still using the stuff I had before I heard of Rig Talk.

Mostly Fryette, THD and Mesa.

stephen sawall":2tuqtnij said:
I was into buying amps before I joined Rig Talk. I was buying a amp about every three weeks for a few years. That was a few years before I joined Rig Talk. I was getting into the Fryette amps. Mostly the Sig X and Deliverance. I was at the THD shop in Seattle talking with Ed Degenaro about Fryette and the other amps around .... and he suggested I check out Rig Talk.

I have bought a few amps since joining ....but they are sold. I don't buy gear without trying it first so Rig Talk has little effect on what I buy. I've played on most of the amps people talk about on here and still using the stuff I had before I heard of Rig Talk.

I remember reading lots of your info way back when I first joined Rig-Talk about ten years ago. Lot's of helpful info you brought with you and you always were an asset to this site. Thanks again, Stephen. :thumbsup:

EXPcustom":38092vet said:
stephen sawall":38092vet said:

I remember reading lots of your info way back when I first joined Rig-Talk about ten years ago. Lot's of helpful info you brought with you and you always were an asset to this site. Thanks again, Stephen. :thumbsup:

We have been friends a long time. I'm sure I have learned as much from you and the other guys around here.

Before: Mesa Rectoverb, Soldano Hot Rod 50, Fender Deluxe Reverb
After: All the Bogner's, Friedman JJ, Fender Deluxe Reverb and lots of rack gear :)

Before: 6505+ and XXX

After: 6505+, XXX, and Crate Stealth

Learned about the Stealth here and purchased it from the RT classifieds. Prior to RT, I knew Lee Jackson designed it but that was about the extent of my knowledge.

Before...Egnater modified Soldano SP 77 with a Peavey Classic 120 and an Egnater modified Soldano Hot Rod 50.

Now...kit built SLO and my mystery Cameron 2 years in build?

Jeff Hilligan":3s96qieo said:
Now...kit built SLO and my mystery Cameron 2 years in build?

You mean the amp you sent less than 18 months ago after I advised per our E-mail that the wait time is a minimum of a year or more as we have a large backlog, please don't send an amp. I can just have the amp sent back, I'll cover the shipping. No problem to me. Mark just wanted to do you a favor.

I originally came to Rig Talk wanting an ocean modded 1959SLP back when reissue models were not out yet.

Before: 5150 II with a Wolfgang Special and a G major for all effects.
After RT: 5150 II with a Wolfgang Standard, and a lot of other guitars :LOL: :LOL:

I learned quite a bit from rig talk about pedals, where effects belong, W/D/W and rack setups, Ceriatone, Stone Age, top of the line gear like H&H 800 poweramps, a lot of knowledge about speakers, tubes, marshall amplifiers, bogners, engl, Peters, Diezel, Van Halen's tones, and many more things. Still learning even today.

Before Rigtalk
Crate
1959 Marshall
Mesa 2 ?
Hiwatt

After Rigtalk
JMP1 100/100 MArshall
Ada MP1
Boss gt-8 FFR powered speaker
VHT D60
EVH 5153 50
Current MEsa jp2c and Laney 15 wt