Best single channel high gain amp

Exo-metal

This is about the best single channel high gain amp, not your favorite channel on a multi channel amp...

For a stock amp I'd say a Peters 100 watt single channel like the FSM.

But if we can nominate a modded Marshall I'd list the Gutierrez 50 watt 800. But that will open a whole can of worms in this thread.

Trainwreck but super picky to get right with tubes and speakers. Voxy cleans and modded Marshall tones all with the volume control.

Deliverance. Big round dynamic tone but still articulate for metal and in between.

No master volume, so it's really high distortion because the tone comes from power tube breakup. They're like 35 watts from 2-EL34's.

Glen uses Greenbacks. They sound bigger and more modern with well broken in Vintage 30's

scottosan":fxqq6ip4 said:
Depends if you want just high gain or something that cleans up well too
If it cleans up great but if not the focus is on its ability in beast mode.

My 1972 Marshall modded into a Cameron Aldrich. The amp is crazy versatile and the low input makes it have a very useable clean tone. It also has a metro effects loop, so you can easily add effects. Just to point out, it all tube (only 3 preamp tubes, no need to add another), no zeners in this amp.

I made this clip showing that it can do both 80’s and modern metal with ease. Just amp, guitar and cabinet. It doesn’t even need a noise gate.

https://youtu.be/-QQdt__ayjg

Back