NSD! Celestion Redback's! KILLER!

JerEvil

2hLz5XIl.jpg

0fsBj4ql.jpg

mHdz2y7l.jpg

pW2jULjl.jpg

So I got these Redback's from Kyle when I ordered my KSR Gemini. The cab is my V-Boutique Euro 212 which is effectively the same cab as the Bogner oversized 212. This has a convertible back so it can be open or closed. Anyway, I had been using a V30/H30 combo which sounded GREAT with the Henning, really good with the Gemini and Friedman.

Well I got these guys loaded this morning FINALLY and horee sheet! They are YUGE! Similar to my Creambacks tonally, maybe a little more neutrally balanced as Tom would say but the bottom end is massive without being boomy or tubby. I'll try and get some vids done showing these. I got them installed and wired up this morning and fired up the Gemini just to make sure they were installed ok... and then proceeded to make myself an hour late for work! LOL!

Are these supposed to be based off the greenback but with higher power handling? I really like my chinese greenies but they are in a 4x12 with two weber legacies and it is just too loud for home practice. Would love a higher power handling option though i do love the g1265 that came with my old jcm800.That speaker might just be "it" for me.. mine looks like it could be close to needing a recone and around here i might as well just buy a new speaker.

Kapo_Polenton":2vxm7xdw said:
Are these supposed to be based off the greenback but with higher power handling? I really like my chinese greenies but they are in a 4x12 with two weber legacies and it is just too loud for home practice. Would love a higher power handling option though i do love the g1265 that came with my old jcm800.That speaker might just be "it" for me.. mine looks like it could be close to needing a recone and around here i might as well just buy a new speaker.
I have never played a G12-65 but the redback doesn't really sound anything like a greenback (the chinese ones). I recently got some K100s and the redback seems like a K100 with a bit more midrange more than a true high power creamback 75 watt. Other thing to note is they have higher sensitivity than the greenback so it will have more output at a lower volume setting.

They are really nice speakers though just a bit stiff at low volume which seems to be how all high power speakers are in my experience. I imagine they work pretty nicely in an open back where they can loosen up a bit.

So curious on those red backs... I keep holding out waiting for those mythical Friedman celestions coming soon lol.

Kagami":3qcyx5d2 said:
Kapo_Polenton":3qcyx5d2 said:
I have never played a G12-65 but the redback doesn't really sound anything like a greenback (the chinese ones). I recently got some K100s and the redback seems like a K100 with a bit more midrange more than a true high power creamback 75 watt. Other thing to note is they have higher sensitivity than the greenback so it will have more output at a lower volume setting.

They are really nice speakers though just a bit stiff at low volume which seems to be how all high power speakers are in my experience. I imagine they work pretty nicely in an open back where they can loosen up a bit.
Yeah I have a MF400 cab loaded with K100's. I'd agree that the Redback has more midrange for sure. Celestion says they have a more relaxed high end as well. I will definitely have to compare the two.

errrrrl":11gpydz3 said:
So curious on those red backs... I keep holding out waiting for those mythical Friedman celestions coming soon lol.
I actually got these when my Gemini came in. Juts took me forever to get them loaded up. I have only tried them this morning with the Gemini but man they sound killer, even being brand new.

Going to run the Friedman through them tonight and see how they do.

MetalHeadMike":11gpydz3 said:
Nice, Congrats!
:thumbsup:

I've been using a quad of Redbacks, and they are killer speakers. Massive tone!
I recently mixed in a pair of Creamback 75's with the Reds, and I think they pair very well. The CB75s bring in a little more sparkle and sting to the high end.

Yup. Redbacks rule. I don't think they're scooped, but just flatter in the mids compared to other greenback or v30 variants.

I think they would mix great with a CB75 as well. I may try that in my Friedman 2x12.

Uploading a vid of the V-boutique/Redback, Splawn/Creamback 65, Friedman V30/Greenies with the Gemini and BE-100. Used the Balaguer. Should be up soonish

Kagami":qp2z5n80 said:
Kapo_Polenton":qp2z5n80 said:

Resurrecting. Anyone else liking Redbacks? Do they have some mids, based on the bolded comment above?

Junk Yard Dog":3izugg09 said:
Kagami":3izugg09 said:
Kapo_Polenton":3izugg09 said:

Resurrecting. Anyone else liking Redbacks? Do they have some mids, based on the bolded comment above?
I think they have plenty of mids for rock. I use them in low and high gain applications from AC/DC to Cannibal Corpse.

I just put a pair of Redback's into a Rivera KS312 cab I recently acquired. They're pretty killer speakers. I've been a long time user of the K100's (which are in my Rivera 4x12) and the above description of the Redback's being similar to the K100's with more mids I agree is an accurate description. They have that YUGE sound to them but with some nice mid crunch to them.

I don't have any experience with Creamback's so I can't comment on the comparison between the two.

Sweet. I have to say I'm one of the few that's not liking too much the K85s (K100) in my MF400 with my Friedman's. Not bad speakers at all but compared to my V30/H75 combo, I prefer it over the K85s. I think I do want more mids out of the K100, so good to hear the Redback can do that.

Bump...
Redbacks are insane. Low or high volume!

I have two in a stone age 212..

And I tried v30/red in my Bogner 212 and wow. I went back to my v30/K100 and now have Redbacks and V30s in my Splawn 412.

Tonme they are like darker K100s with a little more mids. I still love K100s, especially with V30s.

Running an X-pattern of Redback100/Creamback75 in my Achillies 4x12. Handles the low-end better than my Bogner Helios 4x12 (GreenBacks/V30).

received_4407888502588784.jpeg

Back