NAD: 3rd Power Kitchen Sink

gibson5413

In a word...amazing! I wasn't sure what to expect from this amp. I know 3rd Power has a good reputation for their take on Fender/Vox cleans and Marshall crunch. The Kitchen Sink represents all three in one amp. I have had the Mesa Boogie Electra Dyne for several years and really like it. I still do but always struggled with the shared EQ and no Solo function.

I received it last night and after over an hour with the amp it has exceeded my expectations. I got the combo version loaded with a WGS Retro 30. The cleans are amazing. The Fender side of the clean is glassy. The Vox side is punchy and can get into slight overdrive tones. The great thing is you can mix the two types of cleans together. What a great feature! It just sounds fantastic! The Marshall crunch channel really surprised me. I was surprised how plexi like it could get but with more gain available. The gain knob has a great sweep to it. It allows you to go from traditional plexi tones to hotrodded plexi tones. At times I pushed the gain all the way up and it never farted out or got tubby. I was surprised how usable it was. I didn't even have the additional preamp stage engaged yet. I played around with that feature and it was nice adding a little extra gain for my rock leads. The onboard tube driven spring reverb sounds great! Just a big sounding and authentic combo amp.

Just a killer rock amp!! I was able to customize the tolex and grill options to what you see in the picture. I can't wait to use it at band rehearsal on Saturday. Clips are forthcoming!

Here are the specs:
• CH.1 Two Voices, fully blendable (AC and American)
• CH.2 Hotrodded Plexi tones are found here
• Footswitchable Preamp gain boost on CH.2
• Footswitchable HybridMaster for global volume control
• Compatible with most loop switchers
• Custom Mercury Magnetics Transformers throughout
• Pedal Compatible All-tube FX Loop
• Tube driven Spring Reverb
• Illuminating backlit logo
• 2 x E34L power tubes, up to 40W
• 16, 8 and 4 ohm speaker outputs

likewise on the clips..i "LIKE" them on the Facebook...so i get to here clips and stuff...the KSink sound damn good...
Curious as to your move to this....you had a BottleRocket (?) on the last vid i saw. you going for Tone, versatility(covering Fender, Vox and Plexi/HRPlexi is a ton of tone in one box), both.. just curious.

Congrats and HNAD btw..glad UPS got their shit together!

MrDowntown":19izn4bd said:
likewise on the clips..i "LIKE" them on the Facebook...so i get to here clips and stuff...the KSink sound damn good...
Curious as to your move to this....you had a BottleRocket (?) on the last vid i saw. you going for Tone, versatility(covering Fender, Vox and Plexi/HRPlexi is a ton of tone in one box), both.. just curious.

Congrats and HNAD btw..glad UPS got their shit together!

I still have the Bottle Rocket and it is going nowhere. I currently play in two bands. It is perfect for the 80s metal cover band I am in. My other band is more of a straight up rock band where I need a dedicated clean channel. This amp will be perfect for that. I love having options.

Cool amp and congrats! Is 3rd power still doing their patented triangle cab inside of a normal square cab thing? Curious.

It's a really cool concept and sounds great in all the clips I have seen. Goes to show you how close the big 3 really are to one another. The big differences of course are going to be in the power section but I think this amp addresses that too? Bottom line is that if you want 3 great sounds in one box, this one is a winner.

harsh59":i30amz4g said:
Congrats , How would you compare the KS to your Bottle Rocket ?

Quite different. The Bottle Rocket is a super hot rodded (Jose) kind of Marshall with one channel. The KS is a bit more of a classic sounding plexi with the ability to have more gain and low end. I'm surprised how well it can chug when setup right. I will make some clips soon to demo it. Great to have so many flavors! :thumbsup:

Back