NAD Rivera K_Tre

I miss the one I had many years ago. Sooooo much gain, and then a gain boost. I found that pretty humorous.

Yeah using the FX loop volume for attenuation is the only way for me... setting it to 5 without the fx loop will wake the whole neighborhood for sure :LOL: :LOL:

errrrrl":1i5eobq4 said:
Yeah using the FX loop volume for attenuation is the only way for me... setting it to 5 without the fx loop will wake the whole neighborhood for sure :LOL: :LOL:

That's where it was at. Lol. Thankfully no police ?

Mailman1971":a8r0c8ba said:
Ya that KR7 I think EVERY SINGLE KNOB was PUSH/PULL!!
:LOL: :LOL:
Then all the mini toggles.
Little too much. :LOL: :LOL:
OMG...yes. I still have a TBR-SL and an RM 60. Both are killer amps (and this thread has inspired me to get them out of the closet again) but good grief sometimes it was just too much with all the push pull stuff. :doh:

At any rate, congrats to the OP! Rivera amps are really under appreciated; Paul Rivera has influenced the amp industry way more than people realize. Rivera begat Egnater who begat Friedman...

Bronco":3hzrq9rw said:
Mailman1971":3hzrq9rw said:
Ya that KR7 I think EVERY SINGLE KNOB was PUSH/PULL!!
:LOL: :LOL:
Then all the mini toggles.
Little too much. :LOL: :LOL:
OMG...yes. I still have a TBR-SL and an RM 60. Both are killer amps (and this thread has inspired me to get them out of the closet again) but good grief sometimes it was just too much with all the push pull stuff. :doh:

At any rate, congrats to the OP! Rivera amps are really under appreciated; Paul Rivera has influenced the amp industry way more than people realize. Rivera begat Egnater who begat Friedman...

I like the look of the pull knobs, it makes the front look really clean and streamline.

This thing is pretty robust too, the OT and PT are massive, everything feels solid which matters to me.

I am eager to see how it gets along with one of the big Splawns. I think this and the Nitro would slay together.

swamptrashstompboxes":31eaushi said:
Why aren't Rivera as big? I cannot think of a logical reason.

I never could figure that out. The build quality, features, and such fantastic tones, they are better than a lot of bigger name amps.

ZEEGLER":rz52bq7z said:
swamptrashstompboxes":rz52bq7z said:

I never could figure that out. The build quality, features, and such fantastic tones, they are better than a lot of bigger name amps.

I know! Every piece is there. They are pretty reasonablly priced new too compared to others IMO as far as quality and tone go.

Also i really don't think that I have heard better cleans with that much gain.

swamptrashstompboxes":35hyg3w1 said:
I love mine but for myself the amp on its own without a boost doesn't sound as phenomenal for the kind of stuff I like to play. It sounds ok but if I was a one or two amp kind of guy i'd probably move on. I like this amp because its so different.. even just adjusting the treble or mid knob doesn't feel or sound like any other amp out there which I think could be the problem. I don't think people are able to dial in this amp as quickly as the can with say a Friedman which sounds good with the damn treble at 10 or 0 lol

Thats my 2 cents at least :LOL: :LOL:

All that fucking clutter then throw a musky fishing net on it for keeps!

"Hold on, let me put the Frabil over here near the gas cans so we can turn the amps on"

??‍♂️

I just boosted mine and wow. It woke up. The dialing in is rough compared to some. That is for sure. It kind of makes sense a bit.

I’ve owned a couple. Nice contrast to have next to Mesa Recto’s. Sound Fucking Stella in a live band application too. Really good Voicing. I think Shadows Fall used them on an album or so. Maybe The War Within Album. (Sorry if this has already been mentioned).

Flavatrocious":1wclspum said:
I’ve owned a couple. Nice contrast to have next to Mesa Recto’s. Sound Fucking Stella in a live band application too. Really good Voicing. I think Shadows Fall used them on an album or so. Maybe The War Within Album. (Sorry if this has already been mentioned).

That's how I found mine. Mine came from Octavio from Underoath who bought this exact amp because he liked how Shadows Fall sounded on tour. He left Underoath in 04 I think he said. Cool guy.

swamptrashstompboxes":vfvw2xrm said:
I just boosted mine and wow. It woke up. The dialing in is rough compared to some. That is for sure. It kind of makes sense a bit.
Yeah man every type of boost, od or even fuzz is great with the Ktre. Its my favorite amp in my arsenal for doom when armed with a fuzz :rock: Eq in the loop really helps also.

errrrrl":1xv6mqqc said:
swamptrashstompboxes":1xv6mqqc said:
Yeah man every type of boost, od or even fuzz is great with the Ktre. Its my favorite amp in my arsenal for doom when armed with a fuzz :rock: Eq in the loop really helps also.

Dude, I can see the K-Tre being an exceptional amp for Doom never mind the EQ in the loop option ?

Flavatrocious":woq4wimp said:
errrrrl":woq4wimp said:
swamptrashstompboxes":woq4wimp said:

Dude, I can see the K-Tre being an exceptional amp for Doom never mind the EQ in the loop option ?

Hell yeah. It could be a monster doom amp for sure. I think the original knucklehead could be a even better option.

Congrats, I've wanted to try one of these for a while since I dig my KR7 a lot. I was never really big on the loop volume control method though it always seemed to make it squishier and not as bright sounding when it was actually effective lol. I just end up playing mine at 2-2.5 with the focus knob on 3 or 2-2.5-3 with it on 0. I always describe it as more of a wall of sound than anything compared to other brands lol.

They did post a youtube video with Jon and his settings with him playing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj_uHYUF5IE Toward the end he demoes it without and with the overdrive which is kind of neat.

Back