NAD Rivera K_Tre

rottingcorpse":1qqxmrca said:
Errrrl got that tre sounding killer!!! Wanted to score one toward the end of my amp buying days. They are super inexpensive for such well built amps. Really should trade off something to get my mitts on one after hearing that clip.

They are criminally under rated. They are tanks too- at that.

Nice!!
I owned the Mick Thompson KR7 Rivera...
Twice :LOL: :LOL:
They are machines in their own
Yes Rivera really underrated.
Buddy brought over his VHT Utral lead and we were head chopping going back and forth.
I swear the KR7 And that ultra lead could be dialed in EXACT. :D

Mailman1971":1oxoafb7 said:
Nice!!
I owned the Mick Thompson KR7 Rivera...
Twice :LOL: :LOL:
They are machines in their own
Yes Rivera really underrated.
Buddy brought over his VHT Utral lead and we were head chopping going back and forth.
I swear the KR7 And that ultra lead could be dialed in EXACT. :D

I owned the KR7 and the Ultra lead basically one after the other and they are very close. I think the UL is just a bit dryer and less saturated than the KR7. Both have monstrous low end and loud as shit. The KR7 had way too many knobs with push/pull stuff going on for me, Lol.

You guys are killing me. I've wanted to try one of these damn things for years but the clips I've heard are so hit or miss.

Errrl's video sounds a bit scooped, is this how their natural tone stack is? It's definitely a tight and crunchy tone

Mine was kinda mid heavy with all things at noon.
I purposely dialed back the mids.
My best description of the Amp is it didn’t ‘slice’ its way through.
It was a Sledgehammer to your chest. :D

Mailman1971":3efddgke said:
Mine was kinda mid heavy with all things at noon.
I purposely dialed back the mids.
My best description of the Amp is it didn’t ‘slice’ its way through.
It was a Sledgehammer to your chest. :D

My video will be up in a few!

I still haven't dialed it in how I like it.

I would love to have a UL or CL or even a a Deliverance, even though I have a sigx. I need to buy KT88's and get that sigx going again...

First take. Sloppy AF. the volume was at half for both amps, rode videomic and my shitty video editing.

Someday I will get my proper recording gear figured out.

errrrrl":20ivw5de said:
Congrats man! I love my Ktre... its a different kind of amp for sure. I retubed mine with GL KT77s recently and really dig it. I finally was able to bring the Ktre out and jam in a band setting just last week and damn this thing is loud. Infact I think its the loudest amp I have... I cranked it to 4 for about a minute and it was just insane... my ears are still ringing from last Friday lol. I normally use mine with the FX loop on and then use the FX send and return volume as an attenuator for jamming at home.

For me the Ktre sounds best with a boost. And it takes just about any boost I throw at it so far. Anyway I just did a clip last week I posted on the Rivera FB page for shits and giggles.It was my first test trying out my newly acquired vfe standout.

I use my KII exactly the same way. I have the loop levels cranked down so that I can run the channel volume around 6 or 7. I also pretty much always run an SD-1 in front as a boost.

swamptrashstompboxes":2qdaz6l3 said:

First take. Sloppy AF. the volume was at half for both amps, rode videomic and my shitty video editing.

That's evil man. Looking forward to more of your vids!

:thumbsup:

Dick Butter Nuts":vou1iy7p said:
swamptrashstompboxes":vou1iy7p said:

That's evil man. Looking forward to more of your vids!

:thumbsup:

I am greatful and humbled by your response.

-

If anyone has some tips on recording in room, I am all ears.

ZEEGLER - I will try it with a boost later. Maybe I could post a demo, I have to learn this video shit anyways!

I am going to try my timmy and see how it likes it, then try the MI Audio Blues Pro after that.

swamptrashstompboxes":2b5kniwu said:

Wow dude that was a great vid :rock: I like the swamp ambiance you got going on there :thumbsup:

errrrrl":2cb9esq0 said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2cb9esq0 said:

Wow dude that was a great vid :rock: I like the swamp ambiance you got going on there :thumbsup:

Thank you! In your opinion how is the tone for a first crack at a in room shotgun mic?

I value your opinion.

Thanks!

errrrrl":3nx4j7uu said:
swamptrashstompboxes":3nx4j7uu said:

Thank you! In your opinion how is the tone for a first crack at a in room shotgun mic at high volume?

I value your opinion.

Thanks!

swamptrashstompboxes":1vldcxop said:
Thank you! In your opinion how is the tone for a first crack at a in room shotgun mic at high volume?

I value your opinion.

Thanks!
Dude I think it sounded real good. Totally managed to capture a good room sound of the amp in my opinion. Looking forward to future clips :thumbsup:

errrrrl":34ghmu7e said:
swamptrashstompboxes":34ghmu7e said:

I value your opinion.

Thanks!
Dude I think it sounded real good. Totally managed to capture a good room sound of the amp in my opinion. Looking forward to future clips :thumbsup:

Thank you very much! ?

swamptrashstompboxes":3ggjxsqi said:
Nice! What did you use to record, and how loud was the amp? I am going to finish up my video this morning, but TBH I am not sure how it turned out.

I did have the master at half though!
Used my Note 8 phone and the amp was barely pushing 1... not the best amp for bedroom levels :LOL: :LOL:

Bad.Seed":3ggjxsqi said:
You guys are killing me. I've wanted to try one of these damn things for years but the clips I've heard are so hit or miss.

Errrl's video sounds a bit scooped, is this how their natural tone stack is? It's definitely a tight and crunchy tone
Nah dude as Mailman said the amp has quite a bit of mids so I definitely dialed in a more scooped sound. I'll be honest though, playing with the settings with this amp is very different than any other amp I've tried. Just the slightest tweak of the mids or treble and it can totally sound super nasally, too thin, too muddy or just shitty overall. The cleans are crazy too. It's a unique and very well built tank of an amp for sure :thumbsup:

I did some manual reading, and with dialed in at a certain volume the tonestack responds, but It doesn't change when you change the levels in the effects Loop.

Just messed around with it. Dial up the gain to preference and volume to five, and dial it back with the loop. Much friendlier.

Back