Any of you guys make IR's of your own setup?

Kapo_Polenton

I've got good mics and good preamps. I have ownhammer and some other IR's but I always like the idea of capturing my own setup. I recently picked up a Torpedo CAB M to go along with my Reload and it has peaked my interest in doing more extensive captures of my setup as opposed to the 2 quick IR's I made a few years back. I read that using a "neutral" SS poweramp is the best way to get good results. I ask myself.. "why"? I mean, if you love what a particular amp does through a particular cab, why wouldn't you send your sine wave through the poweramp of that amp into the cab? If you are replicating the tones you get at home and you dig them, shouldn't you use the exact signal chain? Anyone played with this?

I might just use two diff poweramps and see what the diff is when compared to the actual mic'd cabinet signal.

Disclaimer: I too still prefer mics to IR's but when you capture your own setup, the difference is really minimal. Also allows you to play at all times of day/night so I am giving in.

Back