Friedman Jake Lee Signature Amp

Again..., why isn’t Jake doing the promoting??
Busy on a world tour?
I think that would of pumped this amp thru the roof!!
:yes:

panhead":39tsny0e said:
Sounds like any other friedman amp to me as they all sound similar

It definitely still has some Friedman esque type of tonality in the voicing of the amplifier but sounds more like a modded Marshall with that tone rather than a completely new design sounding more modern. I’ve never really been a fan in the past of the super modern amp voicings, but when you add back in some Marshall sauce to make it seem more vintage, it really cuts and sounds great it seems.

Thunkful":29bz3a89 said:
Hard to judge based on a one clip, but this might be the first friedman that seems to sound more marshally to me at least which is good. Imo their other amps sound way too polished and modern for my taste.

+1

The tone sounds a lot like the modded Marshall that Paul Gilbert used on Racer X’s first album especially during that first key of A run.

glpg80":ssyjvv3l said:
The tone sounds a lot like the modded Marshall that Paul Gilbert used on Racer X’s first album especially during that first key of A run.
I thought he used Laney AOR on the first, and the 'Mel Bay Rocket' on Second Heat? It does sound similar though.
:rock:

Racerxrated":311e3d2t said:
SpiderWars":311e3d2t said:
LP Freak":311e3d2t said:
I’m sure Rockin Chippy will have one
:LOL: :LOL:
Does sound good tho.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I will say this...that Jake amp is BY FAR the best sounding Friedman I've heard. Just amazing. That would be my choice out of any offering, straight up modded 800 tone.
Big thumbs up.

definitely sounds great

Racerxrated":3lppprc1 said:
glpg80":3lppprc1 said:
I thought he used Laney AOR on the first, and the 'Mel Bay Rocket' on Second Heat? It does sound similar though.

He used a modded 50W Marshall live and on the first record. I’ve seen pictures of the signed internal modded Marshall that lee Jackson modded on a lee Jackson Facebook group. Lee confirmed it was his mod.

Here’s a YouTube video an owner made, you can hear the similarities :rock:

Thunkful":1dolli4r said:
Hard to judge based on a one clip, but this might be the first friedman that seems to sound more marshally to me at least which is good. Imo their other amps sound way too polished and modern for my taste.

there is a clip of Jake playing it at the friedman workshop on their facebook page (first video at the top) https://www.facebook.com/FriedmanAmplif ... SEARCH_BOX ....he doesn't play much but it certainly sounds a bit different than in the video in this thread. Both vids sound great to me

Mailman1971":18w2vylc said:
Again..., why isn’t Jake doing the promoting??
Busy on a world tour?
I think that would of pumped this amp thru the roof!!
:yes:

thats why he isn't doing it ... he would be WAY TO LOUD and would get kicked out :LOL: :LOL:

I wonder if its ‘limited’ to test the market? Other artist models were also initially signed (ie Stevens, Cantrell, Phil X), so nothing particular about that. I guess the red dress could be different - but you could order any of those earlier models in whatever you wanted, so not like color was a special thing either....

I saw Jake on tour with the Friedman amp in 2019. Live it sounded a bit tubby actually, probably because he was dimming the plexi channel... as Dave eludes to in the video. It did not have nearly the cut a JCM800 with an OD-1 and JB/Holdsworth pickup but it sounded pretty good. Jake used to record with plexi's mostly and some metal panel Super leads, both 50 and 100 watter's. I imagine that's why it has the plexi channel that cleans up with the volume knob then the channel two JCM800.

I'm also pretty sure Jake is still using the body blow OD pedal, not sure if he is using it with this iteration of the amp. I would think this is the plexi channel of the small box and a degained version of the BE channel with less compression and more open tone tweaked to Jakes preference.

harddriver":268vo3gq said:
I saw Jake on tour with the Friedman amp in 2019. Live it sounded a bit tubby actually, probably because he was dimming the plexi channel... as Dave eludes to in the video. It did not have nearly the cut a JCM800 with an OD-1 and JB/Holdsworth pickup but it sounded pretty good. Jake used to record with plexi's mostly and some metal panel Super leads, both 50 and 100 watter's. I imagine that's why it has the plexi channel that cleans up with the volume knob then the channel two JCM800.

I'm also pretty sure Jake is still using the body blow OD pedal, not sure if he is using it with this iteration of the amp. I would think this is the plexi channel of the small box and a degained version of the BE channel with less compression and more open tone tweaked to Jakes preference.
Dave says is not a BE derivative

meh

Attachments

• IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    982.7 KB · Views: 1,907
Back