Where did all the Guitarcenter used gear go?

apophis

Did they remove the stuff from the used section? im pretty sure it has not sold... i only get a few hits on some brands, where there used to be a bunch

I noticed the same thing. No way some of the missing items sold, especially simultaneously.

A lot of stores are shut down for quarantine or governor's shutting businesses down. They more than likely removed those store's inventory of used guitars offline since nobody will be in the location to ship the stuff.

vultures":12p3fe5u said:
A lot of stores are shut down for quarantine or governor's shutting businesses down. They more than likely removed those store's inventory of used guitars offline since nobody will be in the location to ship the stuff.

That would make sense. If the store is closed, they can't ship the items.

I ordered a midi cord from Sweetwater and they called me today and said it might come, it might not, if I'd like to cancel at any time just let them know. O.K., I know it won't come for weeks. It's a 7 pin, 30 foot heavy duty cable that's guaranteed for life, no excuse needed, cable. It will get here before I play out again and I have a 5 pin cable and wall wort to use in the meantime.

I hope Pro-co doesn't go out of business or my lifetime is shorter than it takes for the midi cable to get here.

Yeah. Noticed it too. Typed in something and way way less product. I figured they can’t ship used gear cuz staffing is down. Didn’t know Sweetwater was taking so long. On their website they make it seem sales reps are working from home, and they might be behind. Sounds like they are more than behind.

crwnedblasphemy":8s6mx95v said:
Yeah. Noticed it too. Typed in something and way way less product. I figured they can’t ship used gear cuz staffing is down. Didn’t know Sweetwater was taking so long. On their website they make it seem sales reps are working from home, and they might be behind. Sounds like they are more than behind.

I just bought an electronic drum kit from Sweetwater this past Saturday and it arrived on Tuesday. I think since the weekend, Indiana has started to crack down. I may have gotten mine in the nick of time.

I know Illinois' guitar stores (excluding Reverb since it's a marketplace) are completely down and, yeah, the inventory has been removed from the GC website because they just wouldn't be able to fulfill the orders.

Our shelter in place order started Wednesday at midnight in Indiana so that's going to slow Sweetwater further than they were, or possibly stop them altogether for a while.

I can't believe I can't get strings. GC is closed. Amazon's delivery is a month out. I even went so far as to check Walmart and they don't have anything in stock.

I read an article on how the virus is affecting shipping and people are feeling the need to come in ship to get deliveries done. So I am personally trying not to order anything I don't need at this point to give priority for things that people do need. If I was out of strings, I would order those, thankfully I have a good stock.

What will be really interesting to see is if the typical Easter sales happen and if they do I may break down and order something and wait a few months for it.

crwnedblasphemy":s7f0o48f said:

Yeah, Indiana has a stay at home order and people are not suppose to leave their homes if their job is not essential. I remember getting an email from Sweetwater that said they plan to start shipping on April 7th or something.

well on the bright side we may start seeing some more 15 or 20% off deals than before. We used to get that all the time, every few weeks there was a sale but in the last few years it really slowed down and only on limited brands. I need a new tube amp but may wait a few months to see how things develop...don't think anyone is shipping much anyway.

All of this makes any of my GAS useless

vultures":2dd67ei5 said:

That's what i thought too.

If you got cash deals are coming, bought a dream bike 1939 EL HD knucklehead for a unheard of price, now Im broke. :rock:

Back