Were christian metal bands more hardcore than normal bands?

Glorious! Ihateglorious! Glory singing kills bands -Dragonfag & Dream Theatre & bands with glorious singers suck. Give me Cookie Monster or Lamb of God type of singing any day, even nasty AC/DC or Phil from Pantera is much better for metal. Dio was the last line in the sand, anything more glorious Dio and it's suck city.

Love Angelica! Have jammed with Dennis a few times. He is an unbelievably underrated guitar virtuoso. Anything from shred to chicknpickn.

hopkinWFG":33jj1kav said:
Edge of sanity?
You mean the Swedish death metal band? I was talking more about the classic Hard Rock / Hair Metal bands, but i couldn't explain that on the subject due to character limits, sorry. :D

Markedman":33jj1kav said:
Glorious! Ihateglorious! Glory singing kills bands -Dragonfag & Dream Theatre & bands with glorious singers suck. Give me Cookie Monster or Lamb of God type of singing any day, even nasty AC/DC or Phil from Pantera is much better for metal. Dio was the last line in the sand, anything more glorious Dio and it's suck city.
Hmm.. Glorious.. That's actually pretty good word to describe that kind of singing style! Will use that from now on! :D

And it's a matter of taste i guess, we're lucky that we have so much variety in metal, something for everyone!

tfridgen":33jj1kav said:
Love Angelica! Have jammed with Dennis a few times. He is an unbelievably underrated guitar virtuoso. Anything from shred to chicknpickn.

Damn, that's so sweet! Sometimes i wish that i'd live in North America so i could also come across these legends and maybe jam with em..

Judging from all that i've heard from him, he definitely knows what he's doing. Is he currently active in any bands or solo? Interested!

edit: Just noticed that he's still doing for Angelica, sounds killer and have to get my hands on that album somewhere!

Thunkful":2jko35k3 said:
Like listen to this Hair Metal jam, jesus fucking christ(unintended pun)..

wow that sounds awesome ... singer sounds a bit like Robert Mason, in fact the song has a Lynch Mob sound. Going to check out some more

Thunkful":3fxqzqks said:
hopkinWFG":3fxqzqks said:
Edge of sanity?
You mean the Swedish death metal band? I was talking more about the classic Hard Rock / Hair Metal bands, but i couldn't explain that on the subject due to character limits, sorry. :D

Markedman":3fxqzqks said:
Hmm.. Glorious.. That's actually pretty good word to describe that kind of singing style! Will use that from now on! :D

And it's a matter of taste i guess, we're lucky that we have so much variety in metal, something for everyone!

tfridgen":3fxqzqks said:

Damn, that's so sweet! Sometimes i wish that i'd live in North America so i could also come across these legends and maybe jam with em..

Judging from all that i've heard from him, he definitely knows what he's doing. Is he currently active in any bands or solo? Interested!

edit: Just noticed that he's still doing for Angelica, sounds killer and have to get my hands on that album somewhere!

Haven't seen him in a while but I'm pretty sure he's doing solo stuff right now. Kinda layin low making music in his home studio. The new Angelica album is all instrumental and pretty sure it's all him.
It's pretty random that I know him as we're from a small town of about 9000 people. He was my best friend's guitar teacher and a good buddy of his so that's how I know him.

Man, never heard of these guys before and I dig the shit out of this!! Man, awesome melodic riffs/grooves and playing....killer vocals(I like people who really sing, but that doesn't mean other types of metal vocals are not in heavy rotation in my collection)...there's not really anything I don't like about this! Agreed 100% Thankful....kick ass!

tfridgen":24wqjj5q said:
That chicknpickn vid is :rawk: I always envied guys that can play like that :thumbsup:

Back